Monday, June 22, 2009

June 22, 2009: And we continue to live in Misery.

Well....somehow I pulled my sagging hulk of the bed at 6am, splashed some water on my face, pulled on my "mowing clothes", and unlocked front and back doors.....and within five minutes I was mowing the lawn. Yep......sure I awakened the neighbors, but when it is a matter of "life or death", I decided to go ahead an run the mower.

With only one breathing, sweat-wiping, water-drinking stop, I continued to mow until 8am....and then gave up....as the sun began to send down the heat with lots of fury. I laid down on the wet grass and laid there for a few minutes until I could breathe semi-normally again, and then pushed the mower to the house and staggered inside, only to lay down quickly on the ceramic tile floor as I was soooo dizzy from the heat/humidity.

After I drank lots more water, and was able to feel the cooling of the a/c, I walked into the shower and let the cold water just begin to bring my sagging, sweating body back to some state of normalcy. Did I finish the job???? NOPE.....still some more, but it will just have to wait until the weather changes and it ges a bit cooler. Not going to come that close to heat exhaustion ever again, if I can help it!!!!

The remainder of the day.....I remained inside. Late this afternoon, Dr. Jeni and three grandkids arrived for a visit. She has taken the week off....away from her dental office/practice....and to spend time with her three children. She is great about doing this often..........being a super mother to Meghan, Ava, and Max.

I threw some steaks on the grill.....and with some corn still on the cob, baked potatoes, and mac/cheese for the little ones, we had a great dinner. And then this evening I made a pan of brownies to go with the home-made ice cream that the 1st Lady had made this afternoon.

Now.....almost 10pm, all three are in bed....and no sounds are being heard from the two rooms. Tomorrow???? Who knows....just play it by ear, however.....I do know that I am NOT going to mow again in the morning!!!!!! Neighbors: SLEEP WELL!!!!

And soooo, with the heat index way above the 100 degree mark today....and two more days predicted to be identical.....we are tired of remaining in the stick and brick, but at least it makes it easier to get things done that way.

No matter......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: