Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16, 2009: HEAVY RAIN....and then somewhat sunny.

Finding myself in the vertical position about 6:30 this morning, I quietly crept out of the bedroom so the 1st Lady could continue to sleep. Opening the panel drapes which cover the wall of windows overlooking the patio, it was easy to see that this morning was not going to be a good weather morning!!!! Heavy clouds, everything was wet....and upon turning on the laptop, the weather radar was rather scary looking......a HUGE line of red..thunderstorms...was headed this way. And......before very long, this fast moving front of storms was upon us.

The 1st Lady was up and going by this time......and I already had a couple of cups of French Roast assisting me with becoming a human being this morning. And when the front pushed through here......OMG....we must have well over an inch.....perhaps two inches....of rain in a very short time. Then.....for the rest of the morning and into the early afternoon, the rains fell off and on albeit much more gentle than earlier.

Me?? Us??? We just spent the morning looking out the windows and knowing that this would be a lost day to work in the yard again. Soooo, between showers I went out to our small storage shed where we have all of the memos that we kept during our remodeling in '06 (has it actually been that long ago?). Finding some yearbooks from Linn HS and from Eldon HS, I rushed back to the house just as the rains began to descend once again.

Soooo, all morning I looked through these yearbooks, finding some pictures of the various bands that I directed from year to year.....and then I scanned these pictures from the yearbooks for the Facebook group page: Mr. H's Band Members. And then this evening, I uploaded this pics to my "....Memories #2" album which is available for anyone to look at.

This afternoon, when the sun came out so that we could have that incredible Misery humidity....I hooked up the RV to the truck....and went up to Griffin's Trailer Sales at the Park Hills exit off of Hwy 67. For anyone passing through this way with an rv....I strongly urge you to stop there if....and God forbid....you should have any trouble along this highway. They have an outstanding service center!!!!!! And....so pulling into their parking area, I went inside with my paperwork to have an estimate made on the front cap, decals, and the rear window. Bruce Griffin made the estimates....and then he said he would FAX everything to my claims adjuster in Ohio....and would let me know how this works out. BUT.....the real catch is...that they are SOOOOOOO busy with servicing rv's that it will be August at the very earliest before they can get mine into their bays to repair it. Of course......it is not an urgent repair....everything is just fine...no leaks, no breakage, etc., etc......we we can still travel in it, when we get ready to go west....AFTER the house is repaired and the truck is repainted. I DO have a date for the truck to be taken care of.....July 6th...and it will take two weeks!!

Returning home......it is only 25 miles each way.......I backed it back into the driveway.....but, not without a bit of confrontation between my spotter....the 1st Lady...and myself...hahaa!! She still, after five years, does not realize how difficult and how much I much move the rv forwards just to move it over to the side a few inches. Soooo, it took me just about a half hour this time with her "assistance" to get it back to where it belongs on the side of the three car driveway. Hmmmm......when she was gone and I returned from NE Missouri a few weeks ago......I backed it into that very same position the 1st time without any problems!!!! Hmmmmm......

Tonight.....well, I have spent the evening working on the pictures for the Facebook group page.....and have been successful getting everything on. I even "captured" a picture from a former student out in San Diego who had an Eldon band picture and had put it into an album of hers on FB this evening.

Tomorrow....we are off on a small journey...but more about that tomorrow!

And soooooo, this has been a productive day!!!! I did fail to mention that around noon we spent TWO HOURS putting two 9" square "boxes" on the wall next to a large piece of artwork that we have in the media room......so that we can put a "piece of stuff" to sit inside those squares on the wall. NOT my idea, but I went along with it. And....it did take some time to get things measured just perfectly because they had to be perfect for my eyes in order to look as they are supposed to look. A picture will show you what I mean later this week.......

A good day! And, tomorrow....in the mid-90's!!!! NOT GOOD....but hell, this IS Misery!!!!

But, as always in my Life........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: