Sunday, June 07, 2009

June 7, 2009: Another VERY busy day......

Weather???? Well, it became very, very warm with increasing humidity....and storms arriving tomorrow.

Before I had even finished my FIRST cup of Fr. Roast this morning......I was outside and working at the "burn pile".....as the 1st Lady continued to bring many, many wheel barrows full of twigs, tiny sticks, dead grass/leaves, etc., etc.......all from the loss of the trees and the storm damage to our property. The Gov of MO had give a waiver for all "non-burning" ordinances/regulations, so I decided to try to get these piles of burnables burned today before the storms arrive and then I have to wait around until they dry out....again.

So....for three hours I kept burning these yard "pickings" and when it soon became soooo hot in the sun, as I stood there with my water hose at the ready, a rake in the other hand, I became a bit dehydrated and finally got a chair, bottles of water, and then continued until about noon. But....the sun overcame me and I finally said "To hell with this shit!" and went inside and took a shower to get rid of the smoke on my sagging hulk of Me!!!!

This afternoon, the 1st Lady left for northeast MO to take her mother to a dr.'s appointment tomorrow...and think she will remain up there for a couple of days. Then about mid-afternoon, Dr. Jeni and Darrel came by with Meghan, Ava, and Max.....in their motorhome. They had been down to Clearwater Lake for the weekend....and wanted to see the damages to the house and the "no tree" property that we now live on. GREAT to see them.......and the kids really enjoyed their camping weekend.

This evening....well, it has been all about "Mr. H's Band Members" new Facebook group. Check it out sometime!!! I have been going through tons of pictures....and have many, many more tons of pics to go through so that I can post them on the Facebook Group site. It is ohhhhh sooooo amazing to hear the comments of many of these former students......I had NO IDEA how much Band meant to them.....and our Band Family(ies) from the three schools I taught at. WOW......all of their comments are worth soooooo much more than any teacher's paycheck......I am just blown away by all of this!!!!!

And sooooo, the day is ending...and this sagging hulk of Me is really tired tonight. My eyes are hanging below my sagging three chins....and so, I guess it is time to call it a day.

As always.....and especially with this incredible new Facebook group page(s).......

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

No comments: