Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13, 2009: Once again....I find myself a wee bit behind

Yep....it has been 48 hours plus since I last wrote on here....and at that time, I believe I mentioned that I was speechless......

Yesterday......shortly after the French Roast, fresh banana bread, and checking the mail....the 1st Lady decided that it would be a great day to dash up to the city...STL...and begin looking for the new patio furniture......to replace what was destroyed during the May 8th storm. Soooo, with a few quick movements....we soon were on our way. While driving up the highway, my phone rang...and it was Dr. Jeni telling us that she, too, was on her way into the city from their home....about 35 miles west of STL. She had a hair appointment at her favorite beauty salon....and so we agree to meet for a quick bite of lunch.

When we arrived, she had just finished with her 1.5 hour appt.......and we met her in the parking lot of where her salon is located. We then dashed east on Manchester, across I-270...and parked at the West County Mall....or whatever it is now called. As the 1st Lady and I were in a hurry, as well as Dr. Jeni, we just opted for the Food Court there.....had a quick couple of bites, some drinks, and off we went on our separate shopping tasks.

The 1st Lady and I then headed west on Manchester Rd.....and began stopping at various furniture stores, as well as at a couple of outdoor furniture shops, including Seasonal Concepts....a great store with plenty of choices. We just couldn't make up our minds.....as always happens when we shop for furniture!!! So, after spending most of the afternoon out there, we drove back east...and went to Crate and Barrel near the Galleria on Brentwood Blvd. We really love that store.....REALLY!!! And, we wound up spending an hour in there ....just looking and getting ideas, as well as making some small purchases for some kitchen items.

Then.....it was over to the Galleria....and dinner at The Cheesecake Factory!!! OMG.....the pasta I had was just wonderful.......breaded shrimp, sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, angel hair pasta, broccoli, and this marvelous light cream sauce that was infused with garlic and lemon juices!!!! OH SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! A great rich cabernet I enjoyed both before the dinner with some delicious warm breads, as well as a glass during the dinner, also. The 1st Lady also had a wonderful pasta with shrimp in it, but....I liked my better...haha!!!

Then we wandered through the Galleria...had not been there since the economy sank down a bit....and we were surprised at the quantity of stores within this huge mall that were no longer.......doors shut and nothing in the windows!!!! Sooooo sad!!!!

By that time it was 9pm....and so we decided to head south for the stick and brick. By the time we returned......we were both more than just a little tired. Yep....and so, I didn't get this written last night.

I am not certain that I mentioned the outcome of the meeting of my house insurance adjuster AND our roofing contractor, Joe Finch of Finch Construction. Well...they both measured the roof together.....and after about an hour, the adjuster came inside and said that she had overlooked one section of the roof when she measure the week following the storm.....and therefore, she now agree with the contractor. Sooooo, the figures for the payment will be adjusted, the guttering will almost all be paid for....only a couple of hundred dollars we will have to pay for.....and the other items, such as the patio furniture will be covered completely, even with the higher costs for the furniture. Soooooo, it was a great morning......now let's see if she is woman of her word!!!!! We'll know when the check arrives!

Today??? We had to take some items to our daughter-in-law and granddaughter, as they are headed to Panama City and the Gulf beaches there for a few days. I have a very large beach umbrella....one like the kind the beach front hotels...not motels....use on their properties there with the heavy material and very large pole.....and so we took that for them to use, as well as a Boogie Board that belonged to Becky and Rachel. Then we went to see Mike for the afternoon and early evening, arriving back here just a few minutes ago. Enjoyed our time with him....and the afternoon just flew by with non-stop chattering.

And sooooo, a good two days....busy with over 400 miles of up and down the road(s)......even though the shopping didn't go quite as well as we had hoped. Oh well....there is always tomorrow.....and a couple of places left in STL to visit....such as Foreshaw's (sp??).

Oh yes.....I forgot to mention that yesterday on our way to STL, we stopped at the Farmington AT&T Corporate Store and I asked if I would eligible to exchange my last week's purchase of the iPhone 3G.......for the new coming out next week...the iPhone 3G S.....a newer model that is faster, more gigabytes, and a better battery. And.......HURRAY!!! I am....since we are new customers for ATT cell phones, and I have only had it a week......all it will cost me is the $20 restocking fee. Soooo, I ordered it.....and can pick it up next Friday!!! OH YEAH!!!!! I am loving the iPhone....and it is sooo incredible to be driving down the highway with no towns even near....and pick up my email, the weather, the internet completely!!!! LOVE IT!!!! The clarity of the sound on the phone calls, the camera which is not too bad....the whole damn thing!!! BUT....sure glad I didn't get one earlier or I would be paying out the rear for the newer model arriving next week!!!!

And sooooo.......as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: