Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 2009: RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY!!!!

WOW.....the entire morning was consumed by rain....RAIN!!!! From the time I pulled myself into a vertical....somewhat.....position.....it did not stop until sometime this afternoon. My morning was filled with some delicious French Roast coffee.....and a lot of just kicking back doing some reading. Isn't that what a rainy day is for???

This afternoon, I located some more pictures of former band performances, trips, students....and began to post them to the group Facebook site: "Mr. H' Band Members". And almost immediately....I began to hear from former students who were looking at these pictures...both by email, Facebook messages, and phone calls.

Around the middle of the afternoon I had a telephone interview with a reporter from The Eldon Advertiser. She wanted to know about our project to find all of my former band students from the past 30 years, as well as information about the planning we are doing for a HUGE reunion of ALL of my former students, from all three high school where I taught. It was a good 15 minutes....and it was a very enjoyable interview!!!

The sun peaked through the clouds off and on for brief moments late this afternoon. Sometime after "closing hours", I had a call from Kemps Auto Body....and my truck is now scheduled to go into their shop on July 6th for the total repainting which is needed because of the May 8th storm here in F'town. It will be in the shop for two weeks.....UGH!!!! At least the insurance is payng for this!!!!!

Well......today I continued to have mental pictures of our good friends in the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club who are attending the International CCRVOC Rally in Las Cruces, New Mexico. We had reservations for months....but...the storm damages must be repaired ....and so, we had to cancel our reservations, the trip, and we are already missing the GREAT times that they will have there this week!!! We have never missed one of these Rallies....and we are deeply disappointed that we cannot be there having a great time each day!!!! HAVE FUN, GUYS!!!!

And soooooo,.........another day in TheHowserHouse.....and, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: