Tuesday, June 09, 2009

June 9, 2009: Missed yesterday.....been sooooooo BUSY!!!!

Guess what!! MORE storms rolling through here, however.....all of them so far tonight have gone around us. HUGE thunderstorms with horrific winds, tornadoes, flash flood rains, MISERY is here again.....and in the distance to the west, more thunder is audible!!!

I have spent the major part of yesterday and today working with the hundreds of pictures that I have of band activities....most of the here in F'town, but some in Eldon. And......it has taken me hours and hours and hours to go through all of these, not to mention just locating their hiding places here in the stick and brick......and then to get each one scanned, and uploaded to Facebook.

This project is AMAZING!!!!!! I have heard from former students that I have not heard from in years and years.......and EVERYONE I have talked with, those who have phoned from many states, and those who have dropped by.........it has just been incredible!!!!!!! This has become soooo large that any thought of a reunion will have to wait until next year......as I had not realized just how much time this would take....and I'm not even talking about organizing the logistics of such an event.

I have no idea how many former students I have......over my 30 year career. And these young adults live all around the world, as I have heard from many from overseas, most asking if we could not have the reunion until next year so they can get their travel plans organized.

If you have not seen the pictures that are appearing daily........and, you must be a member of Facebook(it IS FREE)....then you will not be able to access them. There is an album on my Facebook page.....and there are a couple of albums with links to them on the FB group page: Mr H's Band Members Search for that and it will get you there.

And sooooo, this is going to close for tonight. I am exhausted and need to get things put away before the 1st Lady returns tomorrow from visiting her Mother.

And as always........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: