Thursday, June 04, 2009

June 4, 2009: WOW....what a busy day!!!

Hmmm......how could I have overlooked the time zone difference. I planned to get up to listen/watch Pres Obama's speech....and somehow I didn't convert from 6am EDT to central....so when I turned on the TV back in the den, so as to not wake the 1st Lady.....he was just finishing with that INCREDIBLE part by quoting the Koran, the Talmud(sp?), and the Bible.....and then the finish. I was pissed at myself, but did catch the full speech later this morning. AMAZING!!! Finally, finally, finally we have a leader who doesn't think we should do nothing but carry a "big stick" and bully others around with the power which we have. It is time for diplomacy......diplomacy like James Baker used, like Henry Kissinger used......and a few others over the past decades. As David Gergens, a Republican Admin. member......this is the best speech by any President EVER to and about the Middle East and our combined relationships. An apology????? HELL NO......that was not the tone of his speech by any means!!!! He was factual....even dating back to the 50's when we DID assist in removing the Shah of Iran. OK...enough of this as we each come from our own experiences in Life, our own upbringing, our own education.....and so we see this from different eyes, different minds and from being in different shoes.

Having been in Cairo and other Egyptian cities and villages less than two years ago......and having been in the same mosque which was visited today.......as well as at Giza at the Sphynx and the Pyramids.......I felt almost like I was at home watching the pictures, videos, etc. of the day's activities!!! If interested.....go to the Archives beginning around Nov 14, 2007, and follow through at least the 1st week of December when I finally got all of my pictures, etc put on the blog....after we returned to the states.

The rest of the morning.....after my Fr Roast coffee...and some discussions of plans with the 1st Lady.....were spent in insurance problems. I did get my estimate/bid from the roofing contract last night, so I wrote a letter to the Catastrophic Claims Office in Jacksonville, Fl explaining the need to re-open my claim, etc., etc.......and then faxed it down there.

I also received a letter from Steve Hicks of the Cedar Creek Factory in Topeka, Indiana....telling me that there would no problem with the local RV Sales/Service doing my repair work....and being able to order the needed parts from the factory there. What an absolute JOY it is to work with such an incredible guy as Steve Hicks........there certainly cannot be a better customer service/ombudsman for any RV Factory in the entire country!!!!!

This afternoon, we dashed to Farmington....and spent the next 1.5 hours...perhaps more....at the AT&T Sales Center there......and we changed over to AT&T, got two new phones, and other items needed for traveling....car charger, etc., etc I bought the new iPhone G3....and the 1st Lady got a really great phone, but not one with wifi on it.

We then went to a very late lunch at Thai Pad.....a small restaurant serving Thai cuisine. My first time there......and well, to be quite honest, I was a bit disappointed. The 1st Lady had dined there before, but she, too, was not happy with her meal, either. Mine was just not as flavorful as other Thai restaurants that I have eaten in......in Montgomery, Alabama....and in Washington, DC. But....in all fairness, it was the middle of the afternoon and we WERE the only ones that were there to eat. I'll give it another try........

Returning to the stick and brick......I spent most of the late afternoon and early evening becoming familiar with my new phone......still more to learn and try!!!!!

OHHHHHH....I forgot!!!!! Upon returning home late this afternoon........the only thing left along the curbs on both sides of our yard were the large logs.....all of the trees, branches, etc., etc. had been removed by the city!!!!!!! Did someone read my blog, look at the pics, someone here in the city Administration????? I wonder.....hmmmm.......anyway, I am very grateful.....just need to find out if they will return for the those huge, thick logs that still lay along the curb. Others in the neighborhood.......some of their brush piles are gone....others are still there in their yards. Soooo, hopefully the entire area will be completed tomorrow!!!!!

Tomorrow?????? Work in the yard, get the little stuff picked up, a few more flowers planted, and begin to see how we are going to heal the scars from this storm....which was four weeks ago tomorrow morning at 11:55AM!!!!

And soooooo, as always.........

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: