Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19, 2009: An early morning....and a terribly hot and humid afternoon!

Hmmmm.......who would have ever thought that this sagging hulk of ME would drag his sagging ass out of bed at 5:45AM to go and stand in line to pick up a new phone???????? When that alarm went off at that ungodly time of the night.....errr, morning.....I couldn't even figure out what the loud sound was! Then I realized I had to get out of bed and get myself in a concious state of being......alive.

Yep.....After a quick cup of very hot Fr. Roast coffee, I poured another one into my travel mug...and off I went to Farmington. I soon found myself number 21 in line at the doorway to the AT&T Corporate Store........waiting until they were to open at 7AM this morning. Oh yeah.....I am now catching up to the curve when it comes to the newest in telephone technology......I was there to pick up my new iPhone 3GS.....which was to be ready for the public this morning. Luckily, I ordered one last week.....and so, just before the door opened for the general public, I and two others, after checking our names at the door, were able to proceed to the front of the line and walked right in...and 10 minutes later, I walked out with the new version of the iPhone!!! The line had grown by that time......and I didn't stop to count them.....I just needed some more coffee!!!!!

Returning home, I spent most of the morning becoming familiar with the new updates....and just getting it under my fingers a bit better. Still have a few things.....probably MORE than a few.....but, I'll just say that I have more to learn about this....and will get the job done!!

This afternoon, I went out to the school bd. building to pay for our monthly insurance and visited with some of the "girls" in the main office. Returning to the stick/brick, I realized that it was not a day to be outside working in the yard, so I just did a summer hibernation in the house.....and read, and enjoyed reading some online newspapers.

This evening, the 1st Lady and I went out to a local eatery and enjoyed their catfish dinner special......all you can eat for $8.95...and I had 3 or 4 catfish fillets..........really very good with a very well seasoned breading on them.

Back at our stick and brick, I connected with Skype to the evening dinner out at the International Cedar Creek RV Owners Club Rally...in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I got to see and visit with several of my friends there......and for some, it was the first time that they had been "introduced" to the Skype program where you can see and talk with someone almost anywhere in the world.....for free!! Tomorrow I hope to talk/see with others at the annual business meeting of the Club......just wish that the 1st Lady and I were there!!!!!!

And so....that is my day....a day which saw the heat index raise to almost 110 degrees....UGH!!!!!! Not a pleasant day, to say the least. The a/c was working overtime I believe, but the stick and brick is nice and cool and dry. Same type of weather predicted for tomorrow.......DAMN!!!!

However, as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: