Wednesday, June 03, 2009

June 3, 2009: DREARY, RAINY, kind of a downy day....

Yep....the sun was struggling to break through the clouds, with all of it's known might, when I opened the drapes in the bedroom this morning......and the sun soon lost the battle! Yep...those Misery clouds won....and they continued to dominate this day......all day! The rains took over during the afternoon and early evening.....and so, I felt almost like I was a prisoner in TheHowserHouse.



Oh well......the Fr. Roast coffee this morning sitting at the bar allowed me a colorful view of those yellow finches, bright red Cardinals, and the red top notches of the house finches.......all enjoying their breakfast with me, albeit on the other side of the huge windows in the patio room. WOW, do the 1st Lady and I ever enjoy these large windows......such a marvelous way to bring the outside inside!!!!



Over the years we have lived here in this stick and brick......since Jan. of 1992......we have kept the same footprint of the home, but we have slowly and certainly enlarged the interior by opening up the house.......replacing small, heavily draped windows with tall/long and wide windows with very little, if any, daytime window coverings.....and therefore, visually we can see outside to the yard, treeless that it is now, and enjoy these quiet and very peaceful views. We have removed some walls completely, we have removed and changed other walls, and most of all.....we have disposed of lots and lots of "stuff"....mainly of the decorative kind. And....what did that give us???? Visually.....much more space.....the same number of sq. feet, but visually it looks soooooo much larger throughout the house.......and, oh YEAH....WE LOVE IT!!!!

And so......on this rainy, dreary day, being here alone.......the rainy views were nice, the birds outside on the patio edge were much more colorful with the dreariness, and it was soooo peaceful that I did do some reading, some thinking, some planning of the days to come.

I also did get some more done with our damages. I faxed a letter to Cedar Creek to ascertain that I have some damaged items shipped to a local area RV Service Center....Griffin's Trailer Town...just north of here about 25 miles. Then.......this afternoon, our roofing contractor came by with the long-awaited specific estimate....which should allow me to re-open our claim and then have a consultation/confrontation with our adjuster and our contractor over measurements and projected costs. Soooo, progress was made on this not-so-pleasant day!!!

The 1st Lady is driving into the garage as I finish writing this.........and so I will bring this to a close and assist her with any bags, etc., etc. that she needs to bring inside. But....before I close....I do want to wish a very sincere and very loud CONGRATS to Linda and Frank....part of our extended Cedar Creek Family........as today is their 42nd Anniversary!!!!!!!! I am sure they will hear this!!!!

As always........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!
(Trees remain in the street and yards!)

No comments: