Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 21, 2009: WHEW....what a hot day in Misery!!!!!

Well, I didn't get my little informative post written last night......just too damn tired, so here I am on Father's Day/night writing and trying to catch up with my happenings???? WHAT happenings?? I really don't have anything exciting to say, except......

Yesterday about mid-morning we decided to go to see Mike.....and did just that. Had a grea visit with him....and returned her about 9pm last night. I watched some show on tv that was not worth my efforts to hold my eyes open.....and so, quickly gave up and went to bed.

This morning......I was up around 6:45, ground some Starbucks Fr. Roast coffee beans....and soon had a wonderful hot cup of that dark and rich liquid......wonderful!!! The morning flew by.....Sunday morning talking heads shows.....and then I spent quite a bit of time watching the events unfold in Iran.......whew!!! Sure glad we have the President we have.....one who thinks before he speaks and/or acts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a delicate situation for the US.....and one where all possibilities MUST be thought out before anything is said or done!!!!!!! The outcome of Iran is totally unknown.........

Talked with all three of my "kids" today as they each called to wish me a great day!!! Jeremy called from San Juan, Puerto Rico, where he and Anne-Marie are spending the weekend, Dr. Jeni called...and then Mike called this evenng. Nice day!!!!!!!!!

This afternoon I made my infamous stuffed meatloaf.....and OMG, was/is it ever incredible!!!!! I hadn't fixed this for about a year......and I forgot just how incredible it is!!!!!!! Wonder if they are still serving it up in Monroe City???? There was a restaurant there that took my recipe and was using it for one of the menu choices....!!

About 7pm....I changed into my work shorts/shirt and began to mow the lawn. OMG.....it was soooo hot and humid....the heat index being 103 degrees when I first began. And...even tho the sun was beginning to set....the humidity just kept climbing with the evening dew/moisture. Sooo, by a bit after 8pm I had to stop....or risk collapsing from a heat stroke. It took me about an hour just to recover and feel like a human being again.......I just cannot tolerate heat/humidity any more, as I have said before!!!!! Soooo, I will get up in the early morning, battle the heavy dew, and try to get some more mowed before the sun gets very high.

Dr. Jeni, Meghan, Ava, and Max are coming down tomorrow for a few days(?)....not sure for how long, but it will be fun to have them here!!!!!!!!!!!! It will give me a chance to help Meghan to learn how to read music so she can progress faster on learning how to play the piano. I am giving my grand piano to Dr. Jeni for the kids to learn how to play as they get old enough......just got to get it moved soon.....NOT an easy task!!!

And sooooo, a good weekend, a great Father's Day, and hopes for a week where I can learn when we will get our roof repaired and shingled!!! We'll see........

As always.........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Peter S. said...

I've never heard of a "stuffed" meatloaf before. Perhaps you can share your recipe.

Peter
Los Angeles, ca