Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29, 2009: The return of wonderful weather....and I get lazy!!

Ahhhh....yesterday morning...Sunday...I was just a bit hung over....that damn man inside my head once again, pounding away with his sledge hammer, and not letting up all day. He even worked overtime into the evening, but by that time he must have been getting really tired because the pounding was easier and not nearly so loud!!!! Yep.....I enjoyed myself tooooo much Saturday night at the winery with my former students!!!!!! And...I really did enjoy being with them once again......it was as if those 10 years had never happened and, with the exception of the drinks and wine, we were just in the band room talking about everything.



During the afternoon, I managed to get the lawn mower started and mowed most of the lawn.....the temps were still up there, but not nearly as bad as the past 10 days. I retired early during the evening.....just can't imagine why???!!! 5 hours of sleep is just not nearly enough for this sagging hulk of me!!!!



Today....Monday.....I was up at 6:30, and after checking my email, I was out on the patio enjoying the refreshing cool air....60 degrees....and the gorgeous morning as I sipped my French Roast coffee. At 8am.....I started up the lawn mower and finished the job I had started yesterday in about an hour. AMAZING just how well that damn mower runs with cool temps!!!!!!! And, it does seem to use less gas......or, is it because I can mow faster without breaking a sweat?????? Hmmmm......might be the last idea!!!!



This afternoon I ran up to Farmington, got the oil changed on the Park Avenue, and then went and had my 68 hairs shortened.....and it feels good to have shorter hairs again. When those 68 hairs get too long.....well, I just don't like trying to continually arrange each long hair so that it looks good over the bald head!!!!



This evening we had one of my favorite meals for dinner.........steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and orange bell pepper over wet brown rice, topped with marinated chopped tomatoes(salt and vinegar and cracked pepper) and then grated Parmesan cheese over this. On the side we had four filets of Tilapia which had been flash fried with lemon pepper....lots of this!!! WOW.....a glass of my dark red medicine(cabernet sauvignon) and it was nothing but pure enjoyment in dining!!!!!



Tomorrow.....we are off to Washington to spend the afternoon/evening with Dr. Jeni, Darrel and family as Dr Jeni works the afternoons and evening on Tuesday, and Darrel is swamped with business every day.....and Max has a fever, so they do not want to take him to the sitter. Soooo, grandparents to the rescue!!!!!!! Then on Wednesday, the 1st Lady as an appt. with a doctor in STL....she has discovered that she has a small skin cancer....carcinoma(sp??)....that needs to be removed....and from there, we will go on to her Mother's home until Sunday. I will then bring the 1st Lady back to Dr. Jeni's for the week as their sitter is going to be gone on vacation.....and I have things here to do in F'town, so I will return down here until Friday of next week and then go pick her up at Dr. Jeni's.

Next Monday.....I have to have my truck at the Kemp's Auto Body Shop....as they will begin the job of repainting it......due to the damages from the May 8th inland hurricane here. It will take about two weeks.....and I am also having a new tailgate installed and painted, as the one I have now is dented from a couple of times I have backed too closely to the kingpin on the rv and dented the tailgate. Soooo.......we will be down to one vehicle for two weeks.......

And soooo, the evening is beautiful, the temps are to be in the low 60's tonight and mid-50's tomorrow night....SUPER!!!! We are still trying to make a decision with the rest of the family about going to DisneyWorld the week before Christmas.......must get this worked out, IF we are going to go down there. We have a possible trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico the 1st week of November for 7 days....and then the winter in Texas....and then we are getting more serious about going to New Zealand for a month, or more, in April/May. Lots to decide......and, as usual, these decisions all revolve around our travels for the next year. LOVE IT!!!

And sooooo, as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: