Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10, 2009: MORNING!!!! Hmmm.....

Just a quick note.....I BARELY remember writing last night's post, so I am not even going to look at....might want to hide. I was soooo exhausted from doing soooo many of those pictures yesterday....and there are still more to search through and scan and get them on the FB page. OK....my Life seems to have taken a turn backwards......back to the days of teaching Band...and listening to soooo many of my students. I really do need to return to TODAY for today!! More later...


Still WEDNESDAY: Well, the day flew by quickly. It was sooooo ungodly hot and humid here today....the air was soooo heavy and thick....terrible!!!! And, tonight.....well, another night of hoping that the tornadoes manage to dodge us. Tornado watch until 3AM.....UGH!!!!!!!

Soooo, what did I do today???? Well.....just not too much of anything. Relaxed, did some reading, nursed a bad headache that I already had going when I got up this morning.....and that same little man just would not quit pounding inside my head...until he must have worn himself out, because around 6pm.....the pounding had ceased!!! THANK goodness!!!!

I spent some time....actually, quite a bit of time, trying to get my HP All-In-One Photosmart 3310 printer to scan pictures!!!! YEP....last night it was working just great.......This afternoon, well.....damn it, it wouldn't work at all. And, it never did scan another picture!!!!!

I went online to the HP website and downloaded a driver, as I have had to do before. With my newer pc, Vista is my "gift" for the purchase......and my printer is just not compatible with Vista!!!! I did get it to work last fall...and it did fine, UNTIL this morning!!!!! Just not sure what the problem is....but, I HAVE to get around this problem somehow. Tomorrow, I will try again to find a way to get it to work. Today I even used the USB cable....and it still would not scan a damn thing!!!

I had even burrowed through a closet and found a large box of slides with some marked in the early 1970's....and found some pics of my first band in Linn, MO. BUT.....I couldn't even get it to scan those slides to make a picture out of them.......sooo, it is really having difficulty communicating with the pc....and with this sagging hulk of ME!!!!!

Tomorrow morning......once again, the roof will be measured by the adjuster WITH my contractor....and we shall see how this disagreement resolves itself!!! Hmmmm..........stay tuned!

The 1st Lady delayed her return until tomorrow.....as her Mother needed to get her hair cut....and so, the 1st Lady remained up there to take her to a beauty shop to have it fixed.

I neglected, in my exhaustion last night, to say that a former student had called me....and it was GREAT to visit with him. Brandon Martignoni......a baritone horn player.....and I have not talked for several years, literally, and has married and has children since we have seen each other. Sooooo, unless the 1st Lady has something scheduled for next Friday.......we will join them as their guests at Tony's in STL. We have not eaten there for a few years.....and so, not only will it be GREAT to visit with Brandon and his wife, but it will give us a great excuse to eat at this mecca of haute cuisine in St. Louis!!!!

Well, here we go again.......the lights are flickering, not completely off, but the storms are to the west/southwest of us, the lightening is flashing, and the thunder is rolling around rather loudly. Soooo, I will get off of here before I lose this writing......

As always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cassondra said...

Don't feel guilty, H, it's just cool to find everyone again. But, yeah, I needed to take a break from it too. Spend some time with my family...LOL.