Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11, 2009: For once in my Life, I am speechless.......

It is 9:30pm....and I just happened to click onto the website....the blog...of a former student who is now a very wonderful friend. I had absolutely NO IDEA what I was going to find there....and I am simply floored and overwhelmed at the very kind and honest thoughts she wrote for the world to read. As I am more than overcome with emotions at this moment, I am going to do something I have never done before.....and probably shouldn't do now. But.....even though this may come across as egotistical on my part.....I want all of you to know just exactly what being a teacher is all about......and that is the not about the $$$, but it is the way you can influence young people while doing your daily job of being a teacher, not knowing that you are actually having this type of an effect on your students. I have had many tributes during this past week as we have gone about getting this Facebook Group site up and running for my former students.....however this specific tribute is sooooo thoughtful and personal that I just want to share it with others. I am still sitting here fighting my emotions..............



http://amazingfreedom.blogspot.com/2009/06/howser-isms-leaving-legacy.html

Thank you Melissa...thank you!

LIFE IS INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: