Sunday, May 31, 2009

May 31, 2009: A rather laid back Sunday......

I was up by 6:30 this morning......still feeling "stuffed" from last night's dinner at Vance Vineyards. Rethinking what I wrote last night.......I really do believe that the past which I had....the Greek Pasta dinner......just wasn't as good as I had expected it to be. Why did I change my mind??? Well, I suppose it was because I had a great deal of sleeping because of over eating last night.....and my mind went over the dinner.....and...well, I just think the actual pasta was a bit tough.....more than "al dente".....and the sauce was just not that tasty. The shrimp...well, there were ample pieces in the pasta, but they, too, were a bit over cooked. And, the worst part was the chicken.......tasted and the texture was just like it might have come out of can of chicken. OK....enough about last night.......just had to write my lingering thoughts....

Today....I watched a couple of the Sunday morning "talking heads" programs.....and then had breakfast/more coffee.....and quickly changed into my "yard clothes". Soon I was completing my mowing of the yard.......in and around the stacks of trees, branches, limbs, logs, brush......and this cut my actual square footage of mowable yard considerably.

Fininshing up....I did some trimming of a couple of bushes, let some water run from the hose in and around the two remaining fence posts, trying to get the ground softer so I can work these posts and get them out of the ground.

By a bit after 1pm...the 1st Lady was on her way up to Dr. Jeni's......as their regular baby sitter is to be gone this week, so the 1st Lady is staying there a couple of days to fill in for the sitter, watching Ava and Max......something she loves to do!!! Plans are for her to return on Wednesday....but she might detour up to Monroe City to see her Mother for a couple of days......

I found myself falling asleep this afternoon for a needed nap....and it lasted toooo long....TWO HOURS!!! I may never get to sleep tonight!!!!

Tomorrow???? Rumors are flying that our neighborhood will have their stacked trees/brush/etc picked up tomorrow!!! I'm not too optimistic about this....but, I sure hope they do arrive in the morning!!!! I also have to contact the RV insurance claims adjuster, see the contractor for the house roof for his specifics for the job, and then FAX this all to Florida to the State Farm Office so that we can get our claim re-opened. No more on this tonight....I want to keep my blood pressure at a normal level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And soooo, as I sit in the "media room" writing this, I am also keeping an eye on a new series on the History Channel........Expedition Africa. I LOVE it already!!!!! Of course, Africa has always been a passion of mine since elementary school.......

A good day has now disappeared......the new grass in the front of the house has been watered, I have washed the back patio windows, and now it is time for a bit of a little treat as I watch this new series.......and, as always....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: