Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 20, 2009: OH SOOOO BUSY....will it ever slow down???

The 1st Lady went to Cape yesterday afternoon to "sit" with Rachel as Becky had to be gone until very late, so she remained in Cape overnight and returned here to F'town this morning.

I was up early........as I wanted to get the truck washed early before the sun got too high.....and tooooo warm. By 10AM, I was finished with it, and while washing it.....I made a new discovery: MORE Damages from the storm, just as I said on here a few hours ago. The NEW front windshield has scratches on it, the hood is scratched, the left rear mirror is scratched and several places along the left side of the truck!! AND.....two windows are scratched. Well.......I couldn't figure what had happened.....and then.....VOILA!!! I realized that it was the gritty side of the roof shingles that had been blown off in the storm and blown all over the yard.....and from all appearances, across my truck and elsewhere!!!!

Well.....I had also discovered the back rear window of the RV was also scratched from the same thing......soooo, here I go again!!!! I called the ins. agent for the truck....and will have to call the ins. agent for the RV tomorrow. More problems!!!!!! More stress!!!!! DAMN!!!!

This afternoon.......I took care of finishing the inside of the truck, took care of some things on the RV, begin to put some things back in the RV basement.....chairs, an OLD BBQ grill which is not gas operated, did some more walk-arounds in the yard, still picking up sticks as I looked around at the sections of trees laying on the ground killing the grass below them, and wishing they were no longer here! I've been told that it could take as long as six months before the town is completely free of all of these downed trees.

We have had a couple of estimates for the roof, gutter, etc., etc. come in this evening. The State Farm adjuster was totally off base with her measurements, as I knew she was mistaken because I remembered when we had it re-roofed a few years ago. The two contractors confirmed my figures....and in fact, I was a bit on the low side. And soooo, it will necessitate a negotiating meeting between the adjuster and the contractor I select..........

Tomorrow.....the 1st Lady has to go to Dr. Jeni's home to sit with the three little ones there while Dr. Jeni and Darrel go to the StL Card's game tomorrow night. Then she will meet me at The Landing at Mark Twain Lake around noon on Friday.....as I will leave that morning with TheHowserHouse for the long weekend. In the morning, I also have to take the truck by the auto body shop to have pictures made to send to the insurance adjuster for Shelter Insurance. What next...what next????!!!!

And sooooo, another day in the Life of this sagging hulk of Me........wonder what will occur tomorrow???? More claims from the storm was not expected when I hauled my hulk out of bed this morning..........we'll see!

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: