Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009: WOW....warmer weather is here!! And......well, just read on.....

A beautiful day, albeit a very warm and somewhat humid one, but I certainly will not complain. I enjoyed being outside, even though I had not much time to be doing anything other than some more storm/insurance related tasks.

This morning I spent about a half hour with the auto body shop owner as he took pictures of the scratches on my truck, both the body and the glass windows and windshield. Now......the wait and see game....as to what the insurance company will pay for in the way of repairs.........wait and see.

Returning home, a new surprise awaited me.......: we received notice that there was some mail that we needed to get, but first we needed to pay for more postage for this envelope. Payng the 44 cents, I discovered that it was from the home insurance company and it was the amount they will pay for all of the damages that we received during the storm. However, this envelope was mailed from Farmington, 17 miles up the highway, and was mailed by our ADJUSTER. It was metered postage, so most likely from her office/hotel room. To tight, too cheap to pay for the postage, so what should I expect from her on my damage claims?????? I had to chuckle when i learned of this oversight......44 cents of oversight!

This afternoon I did some work inside the house.....after doing some more pick up of small limbs, twigs, branches. I also pushed back some logs and big tree limbs from the curb across the street.....the area where I always have to cut the turn on the truck to get the RV pushed back into our driveway.......we'll see if they stay out of the street while we are gone.

The 1st Lady left before noon for Dr. Jeni's home so she could stay with the three little ones while Dr. Jeni and Darrel see the Card's ball game tonight. Then she will leave and go on to Mark Twain Lake to join me and her other relatives for the weekend. Becky and Rachel will also drive up for the weekend......AND....it looks like Jeremy and Anne-Marie will fly out from Hartford, CT. to spend the weekend with us. GREAT to hear that!!!!!!

And sooooo, I will close this for now. I am SUPPOSED to have wifi at the rv park there, but as has often been the case, wifi is not always stable and strong, so if you don't hear from me over the weekend...THAT is the reason.

And, as always.....usually.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: