Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009: Back in the stick and brick, we are, we are!!

A wet morning........wet in the sense that my feet were wet for an hour as I got TheHowserHouse prepared for the trip back to southeast Misery. The mud surrounded THH as it had rained over and over again for the past couple of days......and since our site was at the bottom of a small hillside, the results were water and mud all around us......UGH!!!! However, I slowly slipped and slid around and without any hurry necessary, I pulled out about 10:50am......just shortly after the 1st Lady had left with Jeremy and Anne-Marie. They took her back to her mother's home...and then she drove them down to STL to catch their flight back to Hartford, CT this afternoon.

I just kept moving southward...and arrived here in F'town around 3pm......and for some strange reason there was a great deal of traffic here in this small, storm-ravaged town. But......after battling a couple of heavy, dark rain storms on the highway today, it was really a piece of cake to get THH backed into the driveway, between the "walls" of stacked branches, logs, and huge chunks of trees along the curbside.

After an hour.....I had THH unloaded, but not cleaned up yet. That will have to come tomorrow......and I think I can it done then.

A bit of news......we did cancel our reservations for the International Cedar Creek RV Owners Club Rally in Las Cruces, NM for mid-June. We just cannot leave the stick and brick under tarps and/or in the process of being repaired in the several categories that need professional attention. This will be the first time that we have missed an International Rally....but, this is also the first time that we have had our home damaged so severely from a huge storm. We will certainly miss being with our good friends for a week in New Mexico, but.......there have to be priorities....and in this case, our home has to come first.

I received a call from the auto body shop here in town that he needs more pictures for the Shelter Insurance claim on the paint.......all of the numerous scratches that the "flying" shingles did to it. Not too mention the many scratches on the windows and windshield.......

Did I mention.....how wonderful it is to have great internet access back here in the stick and brick....in comparison to the spotty/iffy wifi that was available to us at "The Landing" RV Park. I sometimes thought I would fall asleep waiting for the pages to change online........it was soooo slow!!!!! Just tooooooo many rv's using it at the same time!!! An upgrade is definitely needed....and when I turned in their survey, I made mention of this....quite strongly!

And sooooo, the weekend is over....and now to get on with the many, many tasks related to our storms damages. I will try to keep you posted on how things go with this.........and the recovery of my 44 cents of postage I had to pay......hahaha!!!

As almost always.......

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

Sorry you have to cancel your trip to Las Cruses, we will surely miss having you two at the rally. However, we totally understand why you are canceling. If I were in your shoes I would do the same. We got back yesterday(Wednesday) from our Memorial weekend trip. We spent a couple of days at Bennett Spring to prove to myself I still can't catch fish even though I bought a new fly rod to see if the rod was the problem.. NOPE.. Guess I am holding my tongue wrong, oh well..

Keep an eye on the CCRVOC web site for the electronic ballot so you can vote for a New Treasurer, Asst Treasurer and Secretary.

Larry