Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30, 3009: Morning update.....from yesterday....and the Rest of the Story for Today!

Yep...another evening when I just didn't get around to writing......

Yesterday morning was all a rush......we knew we were going to Cape Girardeau and then to visit with Mike, so we just didn't really get involved in much that we couldn't finish in a couple of hours.

I waited to receive a call from the adjuster for the RV......and no phone call ever came all day long. ????? Another adjuster problem......I hope not, and will just assume that her morning/day was busy with other claims.

We stopped in Cape and went to several stores....checking prices on new patio table and chairs, BBQ grills(small gas ones that we can carry with us in the RV), and some other lawn/garden items....i.e.... a small tiller. Each time I do this type of checking on prices of items we have to re-purchase, I get angry just thinking about the adjuster we MUST work with. She puts forth an attitude that our problems are OUR fault.......hmmmm. How did we get sooooo lucky???

We returned after a good visit about 10pm last night. And soooo, nothing of any consequence was accomplished then.......

Tonight we are going to dinner with the Goldsmith's. Perhaps we can catch up on a few topics......and, I know that, as usual, there will never be enough time to discuss everything that needs to be discussed.......just doesn't seem fair that our times together must go sooooo quickly. Oh well.....Life is tooooo short!!!

Rain is pounding the roof....hope the tarps continue to do their job!!!

More later.......

AFTERNOON:

After lunch, the rains had stopped, the sun was out, the temps heated up, and the humidity was very sticky!!! However........I decided I needed to get my geraniums that I had purchased before the storm, into the ground. Soooo, for the next 1.5 hours I laid the "paper" to keep the weeds/grass from coming through the mulch, dug the holes for the geraniums, arranged the various rocks that we have collected from here in the US and in Canada, planted the flowers, and then spread the red mulch around them and the rocks.

By the time I was finished, I was one sagging hulk of dripping sweat!!!!! OMG.....I had no idea it was soooo humid.....my eyes are still burning from the sweat dripping into them while my hands were dirt filled......not a pleasant task it was!!!!!

A small nap was in order......and I felt very good after about 20 minutes of this power nap. Before long......the 1st Lady and I were ready to pick up the two Goldsmith's.......and when we arrived there at their home, we decided to dine at Vance Vineyards on the outskirts of F'town.

It is a new place here in town....and a very enjoyable place to either try some of their wines, or to just sip a glass of wine and look at the scenery surrounding their patios, or to eat in their restaurant in a lovely spacious room. We were there for dinner, however......we did purchase a couple of bottles of wine for our meal...........

Mike and I drank the dark red and dry Norton....and the ladies had the Semi-Dry Chardonnel. Our food was good......not outstanding, but a very good meal. The 1st Lady and I had pasta dishes which were brought to the table after we had completed our appetizer....the stuffed mushrooms. Melissa also ordered a pasta dish....and Michael ordered a steak. He did send it back as it was not the cut of steak he had ordered and it certainly was not prepared the way he had asked for it. But.....on the second attempt, the Chef....a former student of mine.....got it right and he did enjoy it! Because of the problem with his steak, the Chef sent out desserts for all of us.......and the Lemon Cake was outstanding!!!!

While there we ran into several couples who were former students of mine and of Goldsmith's: Amanda Shryock and her husband, Amy Miller Rauls and her husband Josh, and Chad Hinkle and his wife, the former Kessie Osborne. It was certainly great to see and visit briefly with all of them....and to learn more about their lives.

We returned to my stick and brick for coffee and after dinner drinks.....and some great conversation!!!!!! Before we realized it, it was almost 11pm.....and so, the evening ended without our many topics of conversation being completed......ALWAYS the way it is!!!!!

And soooo, another busy day........and a wonderful evening with my former students: Michael and Melissa Goldsmith!!!!! And soooo, as almost always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: