Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13, 2009: Tree removal finished....and more rain and storms!!!

Oh my......will I EVER be able to sleep a full night once again???? Both the 1st Lady and myself were awake long before 6AM.....just couldn't sleep. I was awake everytime I turned over or even just moved a shoulder all during the night. The pain just shot all through my sagging hulk....and I knew that I really HAD worked too much yesterday. BUT....I needed to get the roof finished tarping and tarred before the storms arrived today......so that is why I busted my buns up on the roof, and also getting quite a sunburn at the same time yesterday afternoon.

We both decided to get up.....and it was soooooo damn nice to shower in our large glass shower in the master bathroom....even though it really isn't a very large room. I turned on the hot water tank this morning......and we are still alive, so perhaps it is venting properly. I'll turn it off tonight after the dishes have been washed........

By 9AM, the tree removal crew had arrived....and they got to work quickly. Talking with the owner, he said he really needed to get ours done before the storms roll in.....and so I removed myself from their field of labor, visited with the neighbors awhile....and just enjoyed the sunshine. As usual, very heavy traffic still driving by.....touring I believe, as you always see cameras at the windows as they creep by our house.....haha!!!

By about 1:30pm, the crew finished up......and OMG, do we ever have a pile of cut wood beside our curb. The city is supposed to pick up all trees if piled along the curb.....so that is what I had them do. Lots of free firewood, if anyone would just carry it off..........

I received a call from "Grace" who is our insurance claims adjuster....and we set an appt. for her to be at the stick and brick 11AM on Saturday. I also have DirecTV coming that morning to install a new "dish" and perhaps new wiring as I am not sure how it survived the hurricane.

After the work crew left....the 1st Lady and I spent some time in the yard, still moving small sticks/limbs to the curb and just some general pick up of trash, etc., etc. I swept the sad, sad patio, removed the bent and broken patio furniture, as well as my BBQ grill which I have been taking in the 5er. It is bent in many ways....and just needs to be pitched.....AFTER "Grace" arrives. By 3pm.....the storm began to roll in, black clouds to the west and the air very humid and heavy. However, we had only about 1/2 inch or more of rain which came straight down with very little wind......oh yeah!!!! By late afternoon, the sun returned......and by dusk it was cloudy again with an inch or more of rain predicted for tonight with flash flood warnings for F'town......something we do not worry about here on the hill.

During the rain storm, I printed off some pics of the damages....ones that I have put on this blog earlier.....to give to "Grace". I figured out the time I have spent on the house since this all began at noon last Friday......as I am supposed to get paid(?) for my labors due to the storm damages.

The evening???? It is quiet....the 1st Lady is watching some tv shows through her computer which I cabled to the plasma so.....she thinks/feels like she is watching TV.....hahaha!!! Missing American Idol tonight...as well as last night....and I hate that. Will catch up online here later this evening........

I did very little today...physically....but I am still really, really tired. Guess the past 5-6 days have been more of a strain than I realized. Off to bed this evening.......and hope I sleep clear through the night!!!!!

OK.....can you tell by reading that I am not functioning very well tonight???? It is an effort to move my fingers and hands on this keyboard....not only are they sore, but they are also very stiff from the tasks I assigned them to do over the past few days. I am sure they are screaming at me in their own digital way, but they must keep it going until my mind runs dry!!!

Tomorrow??? RAINS again...and tomorrow night, also. Oh well........we do have some fresh food from WalMart Supercenter which the 1st Lady purchased. Have to begin stocking up the fridge and deep freeze once again. I estimated that we lost about $600 or so of food.....probably more than that, but just not certain.......kind of a guesstimate!!!

And sooo.........as we begin to get back to some type of normalcy, I know that I am stuck in my ways........just like some damn 66 year old man!!!!!! UGH!!!!! But......as always...(at least, now)........

LIFE IS REALLY REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: