Thursday, October 12, 2006

WHAT a day!!!!!!

We began the HUGE task of removing all of the kitchen items/food/etc. from the kitchen and trying to find a place/places to temporarily put/store it......UGH. (How was that for all of those slashes??) Most of the glassware/stemware is now laying on the bed in the guest room, the dining room table sits in the hallway groaning not with food, but with dishes, pans, boxes of food items, spices, etc. I would never have believed that it would take us ALL day to get everything out of the kitchen............but it did.

We also began the clearing out of the sun room........books, plants, furniture, etc., etc. Oh my god....but we just have toooooooooooooooooooooo much stuff!!!!! I have said it before.....and I will say it again.......we HAVE to get rid of some of this crappy stuff. Why do I have 44 coffee mugs/cups laying on the bed????? I don't even know 44 people who drink coffee!!! We have five sets of dishes........do we entertain that many people??? NO....seldom are we home enough to even have friends over for dinner.

One of my former students from Eldon came by and brought me some info on rv parks in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. I hadn't seen her for a long time, even tho she lives here in F'town....it was sooooo good to visit with her. Why is "time" robbing me of being able to visit with friends.......of getting together for dinner.......of going to wineries during this wonderful Missouri weather???? Hmmmmm......where are MY priorities???????? They sure shouldn't be in this stick and brick........ Melissa, I sooooo enjoyed seeing you today!!!

Tonight will be the first freeze of the season....so, I have covered up a few plants. IF they don't make it.......it won't really matter, will it??? There is always next year....right??? There will only be a few more days/nights here in Missouri when plants can survive at night. THIS is the very best time to live/be in Missouri......because it is not Misery. There is no humidity to notice, the skies are clear and deep blue, and the air is soooooo damn fresh.......WOW!!! It is GREAT.

And with the beautiful weather and the joy of seeing a former student/good friend.......

Life is GREAT........and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: