Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ALIVE.....my lappie made it, albeit with visual scars!!!!

This morning I received a phone call from the individual in charge at the pc ER room........notifying me, the next of kin, that my lappie had made it through the night!!!! AND.....having had surgery and all of it's parts had laid on the table all night under fans, it was put back together again and was up and running!!!!!!! Joy raced through my aging hulk.......and then I asked if there were any problem at all. The keyboard needed to be replaced......and the screen on the monitor was scarred just a bit with three very narrow lines that run vertically on the right had side of the screen.......and the bottom two-thirds of the screen looks like it has been textured with a light gray wash over the whites of the monitor. IF that is all as the time goes by, then it is very, very liveable!!!!!!!

The 1st Lady came back through STL today and picked it up and gently transported it back here to TheHowserHouse, and I have spent several hours with it on making certain that all programs are in working order. So far......so good!!! Nothing was lost.......and as I said, just a few visual scars from the ordeal of being drowned...almost....in Fr. Roast coffee! HURRAY!!!!!!

Today....I was up at 6am as the floor individual was to arrive EARLY and so he did....at 7am! I had already had my Fr. Roast.......FAR, FAR away from any computer......and Marvin......Marvin Starkey.....began the preps for the laying of the hardwood flooring.....short red oak boards. He worked straight through until 1:45pm this afternoon, and the floor is laid. Now the finishing of it will be after the rest of the room is completed and we are ready for the entire hardwood floors of our home are ready for refinishing.

I discovered a leaking problem in the rolling HowserHouse this afternoon.......and I am getting more upset at what seems to be a growing number of problems with it. Perhaps it is just me.......but it seems that there are toooooo many things that have not worked correctly in this unit for the price I paid. We'll see.......don't want to be negative about it......just that today it seemed like the glass was half empty.

This evening the 1st Lady and I ran up to Farmington for dinner at a new Mexican restaurant. And......I must report that it was as good, if not better, than any other Mexicano restaurant in the area!!! GREAT!!!! The place is totally new with some great hand-painted murals on the walls and some Mexicano decor, but not overly done.......not "in your face" decor!!! GREAT!!!!

Sooooo, another day has gone by. We are planning to go to Sam A. Baker State Park for the weekend, leaving sometime tomorrow and returning Monday. Therefore, I will be in the boonies and without cell phone, hence no internet, on-line connection from which to post any of my rambling thoughts. IF....IF we are anywhere that I can get online, I will makes a post or two to keep everyone informed as to TheHowserHouse.

And so,......with this report being sent from my dried-out lappie.......

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: