Sunday, October 15, 2006

Evening update......READY!!!!!!!

Can't believe that most of the morning and on into the middle of the afternoon, the 1st Lady and I were each on our own lappies researching the many, many and varied rv resorts in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. I made over 30 phone calls to different parks checking on facilities and amenitiess trying to narrow down our choices. There are right at 500 campgrounds and rv resorts in the Valley.....and so the choices are MANY!! I/we feel the need to get a reservation made so that we don't have to drive up and down the highway checking them out before we set up housekeeping in TheHowserHouse for 31 days in January. I prefer to not be tooooo close to the Gulf as the winds are neverending and that is something neither one of use would like to put up with......for a month.

Since neither one of us are golfers, that is not a priority.....of course! But, we would like some activities within the resort.......cards, dances, dinners, social activities to say the least. Sooooo, more calls tomorrow.......

Later this afternoon I finished up....in two hours....the evacuation of the kitchen and the sun room. WOW.......we already can't find anything.....and it doesn't matter which item I put into the RV.....THAT is just the item that the 1st Lady HAS to have immediately!!!!! I don't know how many trips I have made out to the RV to bring back a single item.........only to go out again for another thing she must have......HAHHAA....it never fails!

And now.........a bit of the tellie shows and then off to my book that I have been reading for eons of time. The Cards may not win this one tonight........so we are flipping back and forth between the game and "Brothers and Sisters" on ABC. We are hooked on this new show.......really, really interesting with each family member having their own personal story.

Sooooo...........with the demolition set to begin....the rooms are "READY".....and....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: