Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rain all the way.....

FRIDAY…….

The alarm shouted loudly in my left ear…..and so I struggled to lift myself back to the normal(?) upright position that I must use during my waking hours. Stumbling over kitchen cabinets, a coffee table with feet that stick out past the edge of the beveled glass top, and around the dining room table laden with boxes of kitchen items which is now sitting in the not so wide hallway……and finally arriving at the bathroom to begin my morning tasks: getting my sagging hulk into some hot water to shrink (HAHA) all of my blubbery self(never works!!!).

By 7 pm I was headed to the RV in the driveway and making my French Roast coffee. Turning on the tellie out there, I quickly realized that ALL of the low numbered channels were now very, very snowy…..almost initiating the dreaded blue screen!! This DAMN Concertone system is giving me fits once again…..and there is absolutely nothing I can personally do about it!!!! After pulling cables and cords from the tellie AND from the inputs in the wall behind the tellie……..I realized that it is obviously coming from the cable that runs from the Concertone box to the tellie. NOW…….I am at a lost because I have had TheHowserHouse to three different Cedar Creek dealers with very good repair shops, BUT…..none of them have cable tv in their repair facilities and so they cannot see or experience what I am attempting to describe to them…..and therefore, they can’t get it fixed.

This is my second Concertone system…..having had one installed just before my first year warranty expired. The extended warranty that I have does not…..damn it…..cover audio/visual systems. And sooooo……..I am at a loss…….what do I do???

We finally pulled out of the driveway around nine this morning…..and literally fought and swam all 200 miles to the Lake of the Ozarks. The weather was just horrific……it never stopped raining …..a harsh downpour…..all the way, which made for very, very slow driving to be safe.
We arrived around 2 pm and stopped at a couple of very nice lighting stores……and received some good online websites for modern mini-pendants. Then it was to Tan Tar-A Resort and after getting my key card at the registration desk, we drove…..almost to Kansas…..to where our Estate building was located. I won’t complain, though, because we have a really large suite: a huge living room, kitchen, and a LARGE bedroom with an average bath. Two tellies are in the suite and in the kitchen…….all kinds of appliances in the kitchen!! We also have a screened-in porch which overlooks a beautiful cove on the Lake. All in all……a very nice “room” from a resort that is showing large aging signs all through the grounds.

The 1st Lady and I got situated in the suite and then headed out to do some shopping and looking….including a bit of time at the Outlet Mall……..with over 110 stores/shops in the complex. Pier 1 was our next stop and then……it was a quick trip from there to Outback Steakhouse.

We ate our normal steaks and while a bit over-cooked, they flavor was very good, the service was good, and the price was good. On the way out, I looked over the rest of the place and my eyes stopped on a familiar face……..friends of ours from our years in Eldon…..Jim and Annetta Guilford. They were both educators/administrators and are now retired……and so, we stood by their table and visited with them for 15 minutes or so. We had not seen them for several years, so it WAS good to see them again.

From there it was back to the Resort and we made ourselves comfortable for the last, hopefully, game of the World Series. And now………with the game in the 6th inning……

Life is Great…..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!! (NO internet service in the Estate Suites so I can’t post this evening!!!)

No comments: