Monday, October 30, 2006

Back in S.E. Missouri......

Having spent last night and most of this morning in Eldon with my mother, we returned this afternoon to Buford Heights and both of TheHowserHouse(s). We had a very good visit with the matriarch of the family.......she is evolving as her years of Life increase. I am beginning to be concerned about just how much longer she can continue to live by herself.........by herself in the little house in which she has spent over 50 years. At 93, her spine and, hence, her legs are beginning to weaken and wear out.......and she no longer can walk without much assistance. Sooooo, my mind is in turmoil as to alternatives for her.............

The contractor's crew were really going full steam when we walked into the house. AND......the cabinets are starting to be hung on the walls!!!!!! At last....AT LAST!!!!! Can it possibly that they might....just might finish this week???? If not.....it won't be many more days past this week, surely!!! Of course.....there remains much left to do, including ALL of the hardwood floors in our house have to be completely refinished.......guess what???!!! MORE "stuff" to move around.......DAMN!!!! I am hoping that by Thanksgiving Dinner......we will be finished with everything.......is that being toooooooooo optimistic???

I had to laugh.......after about an hour here at home this afternoon, the 1st Lady looked at me and smilingly said, "Why did we hurry home? There is no place to go, nor can we do anything in this horrific mess right now!" Ahhhhh.......such honest truth has not been spoken by her in a long time!!!!

Did I mention to you that I have been feeling like myself today???? I was feeling not toooo good yesterday after having overdosed myself the night before with that dark red medicine......and the results were not pleasant!! After consuming three very, very large doses of it.......and then over-eating the wonderful boiled prawns, lobster stuffed mushrooms, a wonderful chopped mixed salad with bleu cheese crumbles and slivered almonds, a magnificent halibut steak cooked in a rich lemon white wine sauce, and a liquid dessert which was the most wonderful chocolate martini that just slid down soooooo easily..........yes, I was beyond driving back to the Resort, so the 1st Lady had to take the wheel.....at my advice!!! All of this great cuisine was very close to being sinful!!

For those of you who might be interested....there are pictures of the Board of Education who attended the meeting and sumptuous dinner following this post.

And so.....after a great weekend.....the welcome sight upon returning of our cabinets being hung on the walls.......

LIFE IS GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: