Friday, October 06, 2006

Beautiful October Days in Missouri!!

THESE are the kind of days that I LOVE to live in Missouri!!!!! But you know what......there are soooooo few of these wonderful humidity-free days that I oftentimes wonder why I still stay here most of the year????!!!! Nevertheless......it was an absolutely gorgeous day here.

After a wonderful steaming cup of Fr.Roast coffee this morning, I jumped into the truck and headed north to STL to pick up the new ss dishwasher and ss microwave that we purchased prior to leaving for Disney World. I also needed to exchange the lamp shade on one of the new bedroom lamps that we purchased for the bedroom. The shade that was on the lamp was slightly dented on two corners.....and so I made arrangements with Amercian Furniture/Appliances to exchange it for a "perfect" one. And......so, I took the dented one with me this morning.

I stopped on I-55 north of Festus at a QT to get some "cheap"(??) diesel at $2.29 a gallon.....and then went on to STL. It seemed to take longer to get all of the other small errands that had to also be done besides picking up our new appliances. Soooo, it was about 2pm when I returned to F'town this afternoon.

And now that it is October, we can LEGALLY burn brush, limbs, leaves that have accumulated for the past spring and summer, but we can only burn from 10am to 4pm. Soooooo, I quickly changed into my "burn" clothes and spent the next hour after returning with a hose in one hand and a rake in the other........burning lots of brush and limbs!!!! It took about an hour to do this safely......and I am thankful that it is finally done. I HATE piles of brush just laying in the corner of the yard.....not a clean look to any area with all of that brush.

Then this evening......well, it has been just kick back and enjoy. The 1st Lady fixed a beautiful mixed salad with a couple of flash fried chicken strips laying on top of the greens. A balsamic viniagarette (there's that mis-spelled word again) dressing was drizzled over the top......and tonight I made a DRASTIC change: I had a wonderful chilled glass of Chardonnay (Long Neck brand from South Africa).....and it was really, really great!!! I purchased it at World Market in STL......and it was the last one in the slot on the rack of wines for that particular brand. I finished off a Cabernet of that brand....and loved it. Sooooo, I am enjoying the Chardonnay now.

With that glass of wine still flavoring my palette.......I must say heartily that......

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: