Tuesday, October 17, 2006

OMG....Fr. Roast coffee DROWNED my lappie!!!!!!!

I can't believe it.....still.....and it has been over 12 hours since it happened!!!!!!!!! I was putting my wonderful, friendly lappie down on the floor(there is NO place to put anything in this mess)....and the cord hit my large cup of Fr. Roast coffee which was full......and the entire damn cup tipped over onto my lappie, while it was turned on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in such shock that I just grabbed it up, turned it over, slapped it on it's little gray back, and TONS of hot coffee ran out of the keyboard and other orfices .....drenching the sofa and floor below. I quickly turned it off and then grabbed my Toshiba file and called the Toshiba Service/Help center. Luckly I was connected quickly to a real human and they told me to remove the battery so no power would remain on.

I then asked for Tech assistance here in this area.....and they gave me the address and phone number of the Toshiba Service/Repair center in STL. I called them and they told me to bring it on up......medical air/evac if possible. Well, I have no access to a helicopter and no pc medical insurance, so I had planned to be in STL this morning anyway......and so, I hurridly got my things together, and after breaking my disastrous news to the 1st Lady, I left for the city.

I had to take the two cabinet doors and one shelf from those cabinets so that the glass inserts could be made along with glass shelves......so the interior lights will shine out, and down through the shelves. I also needed to pick up the granite tiles for the countertop.

Rushing up the highway......I quickly located on South Brentwood, south of the Galleria, the PC Hospital.....and carried the little lappie inside very carefully, laying it on the counter with loving care. Talking with the pc ER tech guy, I explained how my little lappie had been under hot Fr. Roast coffee for some time now and discussed the prognosis for it. He couldn't give me any optimistic news.....just that they would do surgery immediately to attempt to get all of the Fr. Roast out of it's little system. It might be several days before I will get any news about it.......and so, the only good news he could give me was that I was lucky it didn't catch on fire or begin smoking!!! I watched the ER Tech carry it back into the back rooms of the pc ER.....and then turned and left, very depressed..... and angry with myself for being soooooo damned stupid to allow a stupid accident like that to happen!!!!!!!! I now will just wait......and wait.....and wait....until I hear from the pc Hospital!!!

I then went over to South Kingshighway to take my cab. doors and shelf. There I talked with Paul.....the salesman at Modern Kitchens and Baths who has been such a wonderful help with the design and order of our new cabinets. We talked about several things and again, he told me if there is ANYTHING AT ALL wrong with the cabs. to call him immediately and they would take care of the problem! Such a GREAT store........I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone in the STL area if you need new cabinets or bath items for your home/apt./loft.!!!!

From there, it was a quick stop at a Lowe's in Crestwood to make change in the undercabinet lights........a slight problem with the type I purchased and so I returned them for another set of seven lights. Then it was off to west Manchester.....Ellisville.....to The Tile Shop to pick up our VERY HEAVY order of very large granite tiles for our new countertop. Another really super salesman.....Don Smith......and he quickly got my order processed and I drove around to the rear of the wonderful store/showroom and had the truck loaded with the tiles.

Then it was more fighting of heavy traffic, as it had been the entire day, and headed to Festus to another lighting store. Looking for pendant lights for over our bar/counter, along with new lighting for the sun room ceiling. And then........by 3;45pm I was back in F'town to discuss the ongoing kitchen demolition with the contractor.

They left shortly after 4pm, but said the would return at 6pm to finish getting the floor ready for the hardwood to be laid in the morning. I got ready for the school board meeting at the Bd. of Education Building......and now after the meeting, I am home using the 1st Lady's lappie.....which I DARE NOT get any liquids close to when I am using it. She is off to the Moser Estate to watch over Meaghan and Ava this evening while Dr. Jeni has her evening office hours. Darrel is off to S. Carolina for a series of three races that he will drive in this week.

Sooooo, after this sad and emotional post about my dearest companion and friend, my little lappie......I will close for tonight. It just doesn't feel right to be using someone else's keyboard to make this post!!!!!! I wonder if my little lappie is in ICU????? Is it lonely???? Will it recover???? I am sooooooooo damn upset......and a bit emotional over this incident.

And so, even though it has been a very difficult day for this aging old hulk,

Life is Great(I think?).......and I hope it is definitely a great one for all of you.

No comments: