Thursday, October 05, 2006

A busy two days.....

I sure as hell hope I am not getting lazy in my advancing age!!!! Yesterday......well, I decided that I had to give my lawn a haircut.......and this time I made certain it was a bit shorter than usual. But.....the bad thing is that it was sooooo damn hot outside....and not a breeze could be found up here on Buford Heights. I didn't get started until about 11:30.....and of course, that was in the heat of the day........so it took me a bit longer than usual as I stopped more frequently to rehydrate my dripping body.

Then during the late afternoon, I had some private music lessons to give. Supper was light and not very caloric......something that I needed because I really packed on the pounds while eating ALL of that great food in Disney World last week.

I then perched myself on the new sofa in front of that great plasma tv.......and fell fast asleep by 8:30pm!!!!!! I NEVER do that!!!!! The 1st Lady woke me up and told me to get to bed......which for once, I complied with no verbage from me.

This morning we were up early as we had decided to spend the morning and early afternoon with Mike in Bonne Terre. On the way up I had to drop off my truck at a diesel service shop for an oil change and a general overall checkup on all of it's fluids and arteries and breathing mechanisms. After our visit with Mike, we dropped by and I was told that everything had checked out A-OK.....except a new right wheel bearing was required. UGH.....I had no idea it would be sooooo expensive!!!!!! THAT sure set back our monthly budget planning. But......like many things, it was necessary to replace it and so it had been done!!!

Returned home late afternoon and just kicked back and relaxed a bit. I decided to fix dinner since the 1st Lady is STILL not recovered from her cold which she came home from Florida with......not a very good sentence, is it?? Soooo, I fixed some Tortellini with Alfredo sauce and mushrooms with some fresh parsley and fresh basil from my herb garden dribbled on top, a bit of Tuscan garlic bread with freshly grated Parmesan cheese melted on top, and some dark red medicine for myself. Ummmmm......soooo good, if I do say so myself!!!

Then it was a quick change and I was off to the county Democrat Club meeting. This lasted a bit longer than I anticipated, but it was good to see soooooooooooooooo many of my supporters and friends from my own campaign two years ago.

And soooo, I then returned home and am now attempting to catch up on my posting. I may throw on a few other pics from our trip last week.....hope I don't repeat any I have posted already.

And sooooo, another two days of my rapidly diminishing Life has passed.....but not matter how the days have gone.....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!! REALLY, I DO!!!

No comments: