Sunday, October 29, 2006

Saturday and Today...

SATURDAY AND TODAY!!

Yesterday…….the F’Town Board of Education met for breakfast in the Bear Lodge at 9 AM…….and it was good and also fun to just be together in a different, not so formal setting.

Afterwords……I went to the exhibits and took in a session, but it just wasn’t exactly as I expected, so I managed to leave before it was finished without disturbing anyone.
I caught the shuttle back to the Estate building where we have our suite…and then the 1st Lady and I headed to the Osage Beach Outlet Mall. We had some difficulty finding any REAL bargains……so, the items we purchased were just things that we needed to replace…..such as Harry and David’s jams and jellies.

We returned back to Tan Tar-A and rested a bit, talked with the wife of one of the Bd. Members, and then got ready to leave for dinner. All 12 of us car pooled together as parking on the top of the cliff overlooking the lake is really limited. We dined/wined at Michael’s Steakhouse……compliments of the company we purchased the heating and cooling unit from….for the Middle School.

WELL…….it was just super!!!! I drank somewhat tooo much Rodney Strong Cabernet……but, it was very good and went down soooo easily. We were there for 2.5 hours eating….and everything was just really, really good!!!

Returned to the Estates and crashed quickly……..in fact, I couldn’t drive on the trip back from the restaurant……and am not certain how I got into bed???!!!! Yep……..it was a bit tooooo much of my dark red medicine!!!!

SUNDAY(today)….
I woke up at 4 AM…..(new time)….and could not return to sleep. So, rather than toss and turn and wake up the 1st Lady…..I sneaked out of the bedroom, closed the door, and lay on the sofa and watched the tellie for a couple of hours. My head was slightly out of shape this morning……and so it took me most of the morning to get it back into the proper configuration.

We had brunch at 11 AM at “On the Rise”…….a GREAT restaurant with a very contemporary menu full of “new” selections. Oh yeah…….it, tooooo, is really, really good!!!! We ate outside on their patio…..and it was just perfect!!!!!

We then drove to Eldon to spend the remainder of the day with my mother…..and we are spending tonight also. She seems to be doing……well, I guess I would say ….OK……she is just getting old……and at 93, she is expected to be that way. Her legs and back are getting worse…..and that is her main problem. Her mind……is good……just a small problem of repeating herself. CRAP….I do that myself.

Sooooo, we spent the afternoon visiting, driving around town so she could get out and about and see some of the areas of town that she hadn’t seen in awhile, and then ordered pizza for supper.
Now…..it is about time for “The Amazing Race”!!!! So……even with a head out of shape today……

Life is Great….and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: