Friday, October 13, 2006

Another day.......disappeared!!!

My "start the day slowly" with a couple of cups of hot French Roast coffee......well, sorry to say, these types of days do not seem possible right now. It is much more like grab the coffee cup....carry it from one room to another....and keep moving the infamous HowserHouse "stuff" as quickly as possible. And so, today was one of those hurry up and get busy days.....and so, I carried that wonderful dark, aromatic cup of coffee from one place to another as I moved the "stuff" from the rear sun room. I found myself making several dozen trips from the sun room, across the patio, and over the wet lawn to the storage shed in the rear of the overly-filled garage.........carrying as much as I could keep stable in my arms. The good news is that the sun room is almost empty and should be tomorrow morning.

The man who lays the hardwood floors arrived at about noon today to look over the task that he has to lay the new flooring in the kitchen AND re-finish the all of the hardwood floors in the entire house. He figured out the sq. footage for the re-finishing, checked the size of the kitchen and then gave us his costs.......and, not as bad as I had thought. Sooooo, we then discussed the plans for getting this all done in coordination with the contractor and his crew. And.......when he could re-finish the floors and the tasks we would then have moving ALL of the furniture AND all of the "stuff" again.....to allow complete access to the floors. We decided to do it in two stages so that we would have place for all of the furniture .........and this means moving EVERYTHING once again, including the grand piano!!!!!!!! ( Hear that, Goldie???) Within the next 2...maybe 3, weeks. I will NEVER move again.......I have moved all of this furniture in this house once before when we had the floors stripped and re-finished several years ago......and now ....well it is going to happen again.

As soon as he left, the 1st Lady and I headed up to the city to finish getting the new recessed lights, pendant lights for above the bar/counter, under the counter lights, and lights for inside two of the new kitchen cabinets. We also picked up our new sink........

Then it was a trip through Trader Joe's!!! We have been to these stores a few times before, but IF you have NOT been there, get your buns moving and spend some time looking and then purchasing some of their great bargains. They have some EXCELLENT bargains on my dark red medicine.....and so, I bought several bottles for my health.

And then.......we decided to have dinner at Red Lobster. Hmmmm.........again, I ask: am I getting toooo crotchity????? I really don't think so, but the Snow Crab Legs, all 1.5 pounds that I ordered, were just not good!!! They were over-cooked, very dry, and didn't have that wonderful sweet, succulent taste....and I was a bit upset about it. I kept trying to eat another one, but the taste and the meat were.....well, it just wasn't good!! Soooo, with my ripe, experienced age....I called for the server and complained. The 1st Lady also had ordered the crab legs and she was very displeased with hers. The server was very nice, apologetic, and brought another very hot and not over-cooked dinner to the 1st Lady......and I just told her to bring me some fried shrimp. Her crab legs were much improved over the first plate and she consumed them. My shrimp was good......and no one became upset.......thankfully. The older I become, the more I find myself feeling that quality and service should always be very good for any establishment that has any pride and reputation for decent food. While there are much, much better seafood restaurants, I have always enjoyed dining at Red Lobster, even thought it IS a chain establishment. I was very impressed at their "customer service" tonight.........the entire matter was handled with smiles and professionalism.

We returned home around 10pm......and I am now about ready to lay this aging hulk on the bed.....as it is after midnight....AND.....there IS more "stuff" to move tomorrow. And so.........after a fast moving day that disppeared into........somewhere,

Life is Great(for this "stuff" mover)......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: