Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ugly and Nasty.....one of those dreary days...again!

ANOTHER day of mist, clouds, drizzle, fog.......and, as above.....NASTY!!! I pulled my hulk out of bed at 6:30.....once again not knowing when the work crew would arrive. After a hot shower, I headed out to TheHowserHouse in my driveway.....plugged in the coffee maker, turned on the tellie, and waited until that wonderful aroma of freshly ground French Roast coffee beans began to fill the rv. And soon.....I was sipping a hot, steaming cup of that dark brew......GREAT. WHAT a way to start the day.......can't be beat.

I woke up the 1st Lady around 8am.....and soon afterwards the drywallers were here again.....finishing the taping and mudding(for the first time). The 1st Lady and I left around 9am for Cape Girardeau to visit a couple of lighting stores......still looking for JUST the right pendant lights to hang over our counter/bar. Did we locate them??? NOPE.......but, I think we are quite a bit closer to finding what we would like. Guess we are just tooooooooooo DAMN picky!!!!!

We had lunch at The Olive Garden while down there. I believe that this is the first time we have eaten lunch there. We had the soup, salad, and bread sticks.......which are all refillable!! The salads were not quite as good as usual....believe they needed a touch more dressing on them.....but they were good enough that we had the salad bowl refilled....hahah!! The soups were very good.....she had the Minestrone and I had the Pasta .... ..... Sorry....I can't remember the correct name, but it was quite delicious!!!! It had very small portions of pasta, some ground beef, white beans, and tomatoes in a wonderfully seasoned tomato based broth. It was highly peppered which gave it quite a bite......yum...yum!!!

We went to Pier 1.....bought a couple of little items that were on clearance sale......dirt cheap.....in fact, maybe cheaper than dirt. What a surprise!!! The Barnes & Noble bookstore has moved into a new area of the shopping mall there!!!! WOW......that just shows me how LONG it has been since we have been to Cape!!! Consequently, we didn't go over there......even though I was in need of a great cappuccino!!

Returning in the nasty drizzle.....we arrived back home late afternoon. Good Grief!!! The price of regular gas went up $.06 per gallon in the few hours we were down at Cape!!!! Here we go again.......!!!!

The 1st Lady had a Beta Sigma Phi sorority meeting to attend this evening, so I began to get some things ready for our next little trip. However, I had a phone call from a member of the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club to discuss some common problems we have with our rigs. It all seems to revolve around the cable tv connections on the outside of the 5er.......and I firmly believe that some of my problems are happening within the wall of the RV......perhaps a staple in the wiring.....a crimped wire.....etc., etc. And.....short of operating on the wall and tearing it apart, there is not a good way to determine is this is the problem.

Our little trip???? I have a Missouri state meeting of the Mo. School Board Association over at Osage Beach.....at the Tan Tara Resort. So, the 1st Lady and I are leaving in the morning for the weekend........or at least those are our plans of now. I WILL remember to turn on the alarms in the morning.....as usual!!!!!!

While over there I plan to visit with the "ever ready battery"......my mother who is 93 years old. I have written about her frequently......and as anyone who knows her will say.....she is the crown jewel of our family. Such a great mind which has become captured in a shell of a body that is beginning to make it difficult for her to accomplish very much. She could have surgery and it would be corrected.....BUT.....she IS 93 and this is a bit tooooo old to have surgery on her back.

We also hope that we can visit with my sister who lives in the Lake area......and with Mike and Merrie......friends of ours that grow more wonderful as the years go by. Mike was a student of mine...graduating from Eldon H.S. in 1982, and in a few short years he was a high school band director!!! And WHAT a great job he did. However....he is now in administration.....serving as the Assistant High School Principal at Osage High School. With two teenage boys who will be heading off to college in a few short years.......there IS more money in administration!!!!

Sooooo, with a few great meals to be anticipated while in the Lake area.......I know that when we return, it will be calorie counting time again!! But......as always......

Life is GREAT.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: