Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Monday...and Today....

Yesterday we awoke at Sam Baker to a very chilly morning....cloudy and breezy but it only made the foliage colors more intense under the darkened sky. We had our Fr. Roast(me) and hot tea(1st Lady) and just enjoyed our XM radio....listening to news and music. About mid-morning the sun finally decided to join us and so we decided to take a little walk along the bank of Big Creek. It was running fast and soooo very clear........such a beautiful small stream.

These southeast Missouri streams are incredible.......so clear, so clean, and such a joy to watch as they flow swiftly into the various lakes in our part of the state. They are soooo different than the streams of northern Missouri which tend to be really dingy and chocolate colored. Too much farming "mud"????? I wonder.......

After lunch we decided to get things stored in their proper locations for traveling. I began preparing TheHowserHouse for the small.....very small....trip back to our stick and brick. I usually check the roof of the slides.....and I was certainly glad that I climbed up on top of the roof....because the slides were partially covered with dead leaves and twigs from the winds of the weekend. So, I swept off the slide roofs and then made the final preps for hooking up to the truck.

After "dumping" a bit of waste water, we pulled out of the Park......and 40 minutes later we were pulling into F'town and soon we were up on Buford Heights. I had to request some of the crew working on our kitchen to kindly move their vehicles so I could begin the arduous task of backing into the driveway. Now....for those of you who have not seen our driveway....it is at 90 degree turn into it as I back the RV......and with my entire rig(RV and truck) being almost 53 feet long, this backing becomes quite an ordeal.....sometimes.

Our street is not wide enough to make the backing turn like I would like to do, so I always have to come into the driveway at an angle. Lucky for me, there is a two car width drive across the street from my drive....and so I then pull over and up into that driveway and begin the task of jockying back and forth until I get the RV into the proper location. Well......yesterday, it just wasn't working right!!!! I NEVER get the Rv in the same spot each time......it is always a bit different. And yesterday.....well, I began to get angry with myself as I just couldn't get it in the right spot. BUT......after more attempts than ever before, I finally got it close enough to the correct spot.....and shut it down, unhooking, and setting it up to "live in" and cook in until the kitchen is completed. It was an excellent four days.....and sooooo wonderful to "get away" from the stress of this remodeling.....and to just get to be with the 1st Lady without all of the decision making worries.

Most of the electrical work had been completed since we left, a complete new header across the area which we opened up into the sun room, and the rooms about ready for the drywall work.
Progress is being made!

During the evening....well, we just kicked back and enjoyed the plasma.....a FAR cry from the one tv channel we received by antenna which gave everyone four eyes....a double image.

Today, MONDAY.......I was up and had the door open for the work crew at 7am. The dry wall crew arrived and before long they were just about finished with their work......except the taping and "mudding" of the walls. Mid-morning I did some errands to the Post Office, the bank, and out to the Bd. of Ed. building to check on a few things.

This afternoon I went up to Farmington to check on the local RV dealer......he sells some Forest River products, along with Carriage 5ers. I needed to get that unstoppable water leak repaired, and I certainly didn't want to have to take it very far. Since I know the owner personally....having worked with his son in high school....we talked about the leak and he made my appointment for next Tuesday morning! We also discussed some educational problems with his older son who has had some problems with getting his degree from one of the universities here in Missouri. I assured him I would pull what strings I could to get some action on this problem........and I will! From what he told me, it certainly sounds like there is some lack of communication and cooperation between Mineral Area College and Central Methodist College/University. This problem, which has been going on for a couple of years, MUST be resolved!!

Before returning home, I stopped and had some of 69 hairs on my head shortened. Makes me a bit balder, but not as dorky looking.....I hope! Still not much to work with at my age.....but it never hurts to try to improve oneself, does it??????? (Answer correctly, please).

And sooooo, another day in TheHowserHouse has slipped away........I am another day older, and a bit more balder(is that a word??). Tomorrow.......well, we'll see what it brings.....rain, I hear!

Even if this house is in horrendous shape with all of dust, insulation, furniture, cabinets, etc., etc. all around, I still find that.....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: