Tuesday, May 31, 2005

STILL ALIVE!!!!

Long time.....no write! I have had sooooooo damn much trouble getting service on my cell phone so that I can/could get on the net, but FINALLY tonight, after much uninstalling and installing and working for about three hours, HERE I AM!!!!!

We are in Cheyenne, WY for the night. We had some difficulty in St. Joe with one our living room slides.......a door to an overhead cabinet next to the slide came open in transit (Missouri's wonderful ROUGH roads!!!!) and when I pushed the switch to open the slides, the door caught on the inside of the slide which could then not go all the way out, AND.......it stripped the gear of some necessary elements. Luckily we were able to get it back inside the 5er and proceed with the trip. However, we decided to find a Cedar Creek dealer, and thanks to one of the club members, the Central Region Prez who lives in KC, he got me the name of a dealer in Sidney, NE. So we stayed in North Platte, NE last night and then drove the next 100 miles to this dealer. The service manager looked at it and said the part would take 24 hours to be shipped, so we elected to drive on to a dealer in Cheyenne today arriving after lunch. Saw him.....and things being as always, we have to hang out here for 24 hours after I FINALLY reached the factory and the parts person there, and with another phone call by my dealer in Indiana to him, he called me and it is on the plane headed here with an arrival of noon tomorrow?????....hopefully...hopefully...hopefully. So we are a day behind our "schedule" of arriving south of Jackson Hole tomorrow, which will now be on Thursday....HOPEFULLY.

It has been a good trip so far.......just a few of these minor problems that are small......so far. We are getting really aquainted with WalMart parking lots. Overnighted in the one in St. Joe, Mo,and then last night again in North Platte........they are FREE to RVers, so why not? WM knows that we all spend money in their stores when parked there, don't they????? Anyway......it works for us, since we are free of needing electricty with our generator, and we have everything else we need onboard(except the needed cell phone service).

I had forgotten just how great WY is......even without even having arrived at the mts. That will be tomorrow......WHEN we can get out of Cheyenne. The sky is sooooo blue.....no smog/haze/humidity like good old Missouri........and you can just see sooooooooo far with such a large horizon.

I will try to post a pic from last night in North Platte if I can stay connected to my service. It went off just now......UGH!!! The weather here is COOL......down to 40 tonight.....will fire up the furnace......using the fireplace now!! The elevation here is 6042 feet. Bought some more fishing lures today at a Cabela's in Sidney......the world headquarters of this sporting goods store.......much like Bass Pro.

The 1st Lady is watching a movie on TV in the den......I am in the kitchen all plugged in and drinking a spot of hot tea......a calming affect!

Well, while I can......I am going to bid you adieu and publish this......I HOPE. More tomorrow, if I have service where we will be overnighting, and then to Thayne to Star Valley RV Resort for a few days with our friends from Alaska/Arizona. It is a GREAT place with sauna, hot tub, golf course, trout stream going thru the grounds, and surround by mountains. Sooooo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having a great time, minus the setbacks. Hope everything works out and you can be at your destination by Thursday.