Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Away from home.....and a pc

Hmmmm, it has been longer than usual since I have published my thoughts. I was on the phone for three hours yesterday morning talking to Circuit City and Toshiba people TRYING to get the correct info about my rebate on my new lappie. And.....after talking with people in Istanbul, Turkey, Inday, Manila, NYC, St. Paul, LA, and other various places in this world, I still didn't get much accomplished. My BP must have been sky high.......arguing and talking with "your supervisor" and the next highest one over and over again. What a run-around!!!!!! Not sure if I got it straightened out, or not??????

Then hurridly bought a new TV for my mother and drove to Eldon to take it to her. Spent the night there, visiting with my family, "building" a tv shelfing unit, eating pizza, etc., etc. This morning after breakfast, I headed for Washington where the 1st Lady is currently with the new granddaughter on the Moser Estate. Stopped in Linn, MO to look up some OLD friends that we knew when we lived there in the early 70's. What a shock when I discovered that she has Alzheimers(sp?).....as she had no idea who I was. Still thinking about this...........makes me scared for my future. Example: She thought the people in the audience on a TV show were in her house......"said everything would be fine if all of these people would just leave......those people are here everyday".

Now.....I'm at the Moser Estate for awhile. Not certain when I will return back home.....perhaps tomorrow....maybe later today. I've many things to do before we leave for the West.

Sooooo, more later.......

9:20pm

WOW.......now I will not be without a way to post/publish as long as I have cell phone service. I installed my program for accessing the internet through my cell phone without having to pay for an ISP while I am traveling and only using my cell phone plan minutes.......which makes it virtually free!!!!! Tried it out from my truck in the parking lot of Lowe's here in Washington, MO.......and in seconds I was on the net!!! THIS solves a lot of problems!!!!! Thanks to a forum/group on Yahoo for giving me the info needed to do this.........the only cost was for a Mobile Office Kit for the software and cable from my phone to my lappie. GREAT!!

This was a BEAUTIFUL late afternoon/evening. Dr. Jenifer had to have evening office hours, so I grilled burgers while the 1st Lady and Darrel watched the two young Mosers.....Meghan and baby Ava. They turned out wonderful......as I purchased freshly ground meat......and WHAT a difference than buying meat that is/was frozen!!!! I had forgotten how good it is FRESH. This was accompanied by a couple of sides and, of course, my dark red medicine in a stemmed glass........and the warm glow of the Moser Estate at dusk became even better.

An early departure for me in the morning with a stopover in STL to pick up a few extras at Circuit City. Need to hurry on down to rural SE Missouri to TheHowserHouse and get the lawn mowed before the rains arrive tomorrow evening and Thursday. We also have a evening with the Hanners planned before they get called out for another catastrophic emergency in some far-off region of our country which will require their expert adjusting for damages.

So.......until tomorrow......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alzheimers is a scary disease. That is what my grandfather died of. You should have nothing to worry about though. You're a very active person for your age so you should be fine.(No, I'm not saying you're old, just older) :)