Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A slow start today...

I was up rather late last night following a rather lengthy school bd. meeting, so today has been rather slow in getting up my steam......hahaha(or am I just getting lazy(ier?). At least one matter has been cleared up......the former student of mine identified herself, AND.....I had guessed it correctly!!! I, too, Chris have many fond memories of when you were in band in Eldon.....those were very good years for me, thanks to the outstanding band students. My job was soooo easy, thanks to you guys!! We are STILL "family"!!

Today......what's on my plate?? I was going in to STL to purchase a laptop, however, we are not certain that we have made a firm decision on exactly which one to buy. Why is it that the older I get, the more difficult it is to make a decision????? And, it is not just me,......the 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse always has problems deciding what she wants to eat when we are at a restaurant, or even at the DQ for ice cream!!! I often tell her that it is NOT her "last supper" and she will have another opportunity to try/eat another choice at a later date......hahaha. Anyway....these decisions become more difficult with our age instead of easier.....especially when it involves purchasing something (big ticket items). We should be just living for today....and not worrying about tomorrow, shouldn't we????

Sooo, a realignment of my plans for today.......hmmmm, think I will have another cup of my excellent Gevalia French Roast coffee on the patio.....meditate about today.....and then perhaps I will get started........perhaps! One sure thing: tonight is Am. Idol and I have followed this from the git-go, and so I am anxious to see the ending on this. I already miss not having The Amazing Race to watch.......my very favorite......why???? Because of the wonderful and exciting places they go around the world........and many of them I have been to and enjoy seeing again.

Yep....Chris, travel is my middle name. I feel certain that I must have been an explorer in a previous lifetime........always wanting to see what is beyond the horizon and around the next curve or over the next hill. So far......I have "explored" 41 countries during this lifetime as well as all 50 states. Sounds great, but there are some 160 countries left, and don't think I will have enough time during this life to get to all of them......(or the $$$).

Now.....to that coffee and the patio.....

2:30pm

While having that great cup of coffee....hmmmm....wonder how many cups I have had today???......anyway, I realized that I had another exciting comment on yesterday's post....from another former student. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!! Anyway, he gave me a scare a couple of months ago when he called with a bad health report. BUT, after several rounds of treatment for that DREADED disease...cancer....he is reporting to be fine!!!!! If nothing else, this young man and a good friend of mine, would make that tumor disappear with his power of positive thinking!!!! WOW.......he, and his growing family of females, are definitely "one of a kind"......how lucky his four daughters are, and will be, to have a father (AND mother) like them!!

That cup of patio coffee......not only did it lead to thinking (meditating, as I said earlier), but it led me to that wonderful machine.......the lawn mower. Yep.....another week went by quickly and I realized that with the weekend rain, I would soon be seeing animals trying to sneak thru the tall grass like going on a safari in Africa(which I HAVE to do during this Life). Soooo, my heart and my BP got their daily workout with two hours of pushing the power mower. NO....I don't have one that goes thru the grass by itself.........I NEED the exercise and so I bought one that has to be pushed ......and I do love doing it when it is not hot and humid!

So, it is time for a few more minutes of that patio......and some iced tea........

11:15pm

And so the day goes......(away). Late afternoon and I found myself on the patio of my neighbor.....whom I NEVER see. What a comic she is......she was sitting visiting with a friend and when I went over there with my dark red medicinal cabernet in hand, she asked if we could socialize since she is the school librarian and I am on the school bd!!! I won't repeat what I said to her in reply. A very fun-filled discussion kept me over there so long that I almost missed dinner.

WOW......not certain how I would have voted tonight for the three on Am. Idol!! They are all soooo good.....by this time. Not toooo much longer for this edition......

And so, I ordered my new laptop this evening. Hope I got the right one.........soooo difficult to decide even tho we spent several hours "playing" with different ones at various computer stors in STL. Ordered a Toshiba with a Centrino processor..........will just keep my fingers crossed for good luck on this! Anyway......having it shipped to me within the next three days so won't have to run up to the city to get it.

I didn't go the HS band concert tonight......first time to miss one here in 17 years!!! I did hear who received the John W. Howser Award...........and I think they made an excellent choice of those two students!!!!!!

Enough for today/tonight............!!

No comments: