Sunday, May 22, 2005

GREAT.....Rain is falling!!

What a wonderful sight, smell, and sound......awakening to those three "s" sensations!!! Then reality sets in and I realize that I left the patio cushions on the chairs, etc., etc. and that it will take days for them to "drain" and dry......ugh!! Oh well, win some-lose some. And....we DID need the rain.

Went to early church service.....the "relaxed" service where almost any style of dress is acceptable. Seems that I can notice that the good Methodists are becoming even more liberal......their church-going clothes have really, really changed. And....the change is for the best, I believe. As to the music......well, I am trying to be open-minded, however, I have been so indoctrinated in "reading" the music that I have problems with doing everything by rote.....the really OLD style of singing! But....I refuse to let the times pass me by....like OLD people always do......and so I am working really hard at accepting and participating in this new way of singing in church. I'll keep you posted on this task......

The 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse is preparing to go to the Moser Estate to spend until Wednesday with the new granddaughter. And....at the same time, she is trying to load...and I DO mean load.....the RV with her wardrobe for the mts., which means take everything you own....almost. On the other hand.....I will take my turn tomorrow, or later this week, and by that time I will probably only have enough storage space for my personal items........oh well, such is Life.

Just now gave up.........I had the patio cushions draped over the chairs to drip and dry, and it just started pouring again. Sooooo, a quick dash to "rescue" the cushions from the latest deluge and get them into the garage to drip dry.....literally.

Tomorrow is the day that the medics will confer and report to me about my beloved pc.....the "Demon-infected" one. What will the news be???? I will most likely not sleep all night tonight as I toss and turn awaiting the news.......will I have to make a decision as to the medical procedure OR let my pc go the way of soooo many other pcs of the world......smashed and trashed.????? Only time will tell......

8:30pm

The day comes to end without much accomplished. I worked on becoming familiar with my lappie......this is taking much longer than I thought it would. Then became guilty for working at my desk soooo long, so went and did some lawn work........just detailing it basically. It was tooo wet to do too much.

Returned to the house......and, played "old man". I laid down and took a Sunday afternoon nap!!!! Now....I feel worse......and guilty for not loading the RV as I should have done. Soooo, I am now behind with my scheduled plans......UGH. But....in thinking this thru.....I will have time to load it on Thurs prior to graduation.

So.....I have rationalized out my nap and my guilt, so now to watch a bit of TV......not sure just what......never anything of value on there. Anyway.......may read a book that I have been trying to read since Easter.....HA!!!

later......

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a PERFECT day. :) Thanks for all the sweet comments; I'm going to have the boys respond tomorrow. Sometime. :)