Saturday, May 14, 2005

Beautiful rainy morning in the Moser woods

Awaking at the Moser Estate to wonderful, gentle rain falling throughout the surrounding wooded acreage.......the moisture is needed so much in this area of Missouri.....it is the driest spring on record........BRING ON the rain!!!! It seems so peaceful here with the rain slowly seeping through the leaves around the house, but.....the temp has dropped considerably since the past few days. OF COURSE......all I have with me are several pairs of shorts...HAA!! How old am I??? Should have known better.

Yesterday evening we were in the west ST Louis area to attend the fund-raising event for granddaughter Rachel's gifted class at school. WHAT an event!!!! There were sooooo many people there to purchase items which were all made by the children. They had been studying birds this semester and everything they made was related to that study........and BIRDS!!! Really some cute items! It was fun.

So, today we are attending our other granddaughter Meghan's first dance recital. She is five and always bounces off the walls with energy, so this should quite fun to watch. An aesthetic experience???? Well, that might be pushing it a bit, but I'm certain that my camera will be recording some of the "dances" for all to see. Of course, Grammy and PaPa have to get there "early" to save seats close to the state for the rest of the family........hahaha. Now I am in a reverse role after those 30 years of being on the stage........and this is NICE!!

An interesting email arrived overnight.......from a reader of this journal who is currently traveling in southern Mexico! I have been following their trip for the past several months......wrote to her about her not posting this past week, and she responded. Sooooo, my published journal is being read internationally!!!! And, after only ONE week. WOW!!! My site counter is telling some interesting things to me.......there are more people looking/reading this than I had ever thought there would be.........GREAT!!

OOPS.......the coffee pot is empty......and I CAN'T allow that to happen so early on this rainy morn. Time to make some more.......

8:20pm

Ahhhh, the dance recital..........well, it was an interesting 2.5 hour experience. Meghan was really cute and was an adorable 5 year old "dancer" with her little group of 10. During the afternoon, her group performed twice.......and the rest??? Well, it became a long afternoon, to say the least. I didn't see anyone that I believe has any chance of becoming a Radio City Music Hall Rockette or a Broadway musical dancer, but they all gave 100% in effort and all parents, grandparents, and family/friends were enthralled with their girl's performances......and that is as it should have been!!

This evening at the Moser Estate is really pleasant........the scenic wooded landscape is beautiful with the darkening shadows. Kind of a "let's relax" type of evening here, and that is just what the granddaughters need after the "high" of the dance recital and the following "celebratory" dinner. I will post some pics from the recital when we return home tomorrow.......Jenifer doesn't have the program on the pc that my camera requires.

Later.......(WHAT later???......I don't know. Just my way of closing, I guess)

No comments: