Sunday, May 08, 2005

A WILD HowserHouse!

How can it be??? Four years ago, I had almost 120 students in one band class and I had complete control. Now??? I have two granddaughters, ages 5 and 7, and I cannot get them under control........what has happened to me?? Again, I find myself asking the same question: "Is it age?" This IS beginning to worry me as I find myself reflecting and thinking about my control techniques with all of those students, and yet, now it is only two little children that I am taking care of. Oh well.......they are a joy no matter what!!!!! I wouldn't want to exchange them for that classroom for all the money in the world!

It is Mother's Day and I feel soooo lucky and fortunate to have a mother that is still enjoying her life.....at the age of 92 years! She is still living alone, albeit with daily "checking on" by my sister who deserves so very much credit for Mom being able to live by herself. Her mind is just as quick and alert as she was when I was still living at home.......MANY years ago. Her entire family calls her the "EverReady Battery", as she just keeps going and going and going.

Today looks like it will be just as hectic as it was when we returned home yesterday afternoon. The 1st Lady of the HowerHouse has taken our oldest granddaughter, Rachel, to visit with her Daddy this morning.

When they return, Rachel and Meghan will once again have a few hours of play time which they both enjoy and look forward to all of the time. They are as close as sisters could possibly be as they have spent so much time together over the past few years. It is a wonderful relationship for each of them. Then I will meet Darrel at Festus and he will pick up both girls so that Rachel can get back home to Fenton, and then they will go on to the Moser Estate outside of Washington, MO.

There is also the Azalea Festival Parade this afternoon which I hope to be able to watch. It is nice to realize on this day that I no longer have to walk in the parade alongside the high school band, even though I was ALWAYS so proud and prideful of those wonderful groups of kids.

More later........I am needed to play with Meghan!

8:45pm....

Just returned from delivering the two granddaughters to Festus to catch their connecting ride to their homes before bedtime. It was a good afternoon: watched the hour-long parade, went to the playground to run off some pent-up energy, returned home and prepared to make the "delivery trip". I have about decided that if anyone ever asks me to work in a day-care center for small children.......well, you can guess my answer......hahahaa.

Enough rambling writing for today. My thoughts are rather jumbled up with "how much farther is it?", "can we eat now?", "I need to go pee......NOW!!", and other well-known phrases. So, until the next chapter in this on-going journal of TheHowserHouse...........

No comments: