Monday, May 09, 2005

Peaceful .......

RAIN......and we do need it around here!! So nice to see and hear it here in SE Missouri. But, it appears as the morning as progressed that we didn't get enough for a bird to bathe in, nevermind water my plants, flowers, etc. All it did is stop me from mowing the lawn as it is getting rather tall (after our fertilization this spring) and just wet enough to leave clumps behind, even with my mower mulcher. Oh well..........there is always tomorrow for this retired guy!

Been working on an application for our new school medical insurance coverage for next school year. Even though I'm retired........I can purchase the plan the school uses and this year.....WOW...we have three choices to select from. Of course.....it is a roll of the dice.......as the deductibles increase with a lower payment option, but guess I will live Life on the edge and go for the highest deductible. It will make my monthly payments a bit more than $100 per month less than what I have been paying..........will I bank it? HAHAHA.....what do you think???? Even tho I said above "there is always tomorrow......", I also realize that I need to enjoy each and every day that is left......."never know what will happen tomorrow", sooooo......I'll probably wind up purchasing another old man's toy (RV equipment, etc.,) with the extra $$.

Only a bit more than three weeks until we leave for most of the summer.........heading west to the mountains, less humidity, plentiful trout streams to walk and fish in, relaxing with mt. views from our new House on Wheels, etc., etc. Am I getting anxious???? What do you think???? Damn right, I am!!

We/I still have a few things to put into the new RV.....things that wore out in the previous one which we kept for 19 years.....using it way beyond the normal life span of a trailer. We have purchased new dishes (plastic), and now need to get a new set of good pans that are not tooooo heavy. Also need to update our fishing equipment.......I'm sure the line on the reels is rotten and I know that I will lose all of my trout if I don't replace the line. I've inventoried the tackle box and believe it is stocked well.......knowing that I will have to replace some lures, spoons as I lose them along the streams.

Oops......time to get my butt out to the school admin. office and get this paperwork completed. I'll have to be out there tonight for the School Bd. meeting........at least I DID get elected to that last year.....hehehee......as if I could have done anything in the Mo. House of Representatives THIS term!! More later today........

10:00pm

A busy afternoon kept this old man on the go........makes me feel better than just sitting around....I'm a person that has always been busy. Lots to do around the house.....laundry, cleaning the hardwood floors, etc., etc. Nothing worth reporting to the world thru cyberspace about.

A good friend and former student and my former band associate(all the same person) dropped by for a late afternoon cup of java and some talk. It always refreshes me, and my mind, when we have an hour or so to discuss the events that have occurred since we were last together. That is what a friend is for.........to have a person feel good/better when they have finished being with that friend.......and that is what Michael Goldsmith always does for me! I often reflect upon the friends I have now who years ago were sitting in my band making music. These students have become life-long friends..........the kind of friends that are always there when needed!

Over my lifetime I have sat on many "boards", committees, held many top offices in organizations, and am now currently serving on the school board. It has been in interesting progression from a classroom teacher to being on this board of directors.........and this is a position that I do enjoy as I feel that my 30 years in the classroom can bring some insight into some of the decisions that we must make for the good of the school and community. And so, tonight I spent over two hours doing just that.........

The 1st lady of the HowserHouse now wishes me to order some new kitchen pans, of which some will be housed in the HowserHouse-on-Wheels to be used as we travel the roads of our great country. So, this mind-rambling excercise of mine needs to come to a close..........