Saturday, May 07, 2005

Wow.....my second day!

Well, I never did get back to my writing last night.........was it the Cabernet, you are asking? No, just too many family obligations in being a grandpa. (Plus, I did have to finish the Cabernet so it wouldn't "spoil"). This morning in the Moser Estate is a beautiful one....70 degrees, great sky, and the birds singing in chorus in the surrounding wooded acreage. Jenifer and Darrel really did select a wonderful site for their new house......away from the high traffic roads and buried in a subdivision with soooo many wooded acres! I'm jealous.......

All is well with the 9day old Ava! She seems to be running her life, and ours, just like clockwork. That does seem to bring some stability into this house that last week was in upheaval over the very quick addition of the new member. It is an exciting time for the Moser family!

Today, we return home to take Meghan and Rachel to the annual Azalea Festival.......the local event of the year. They will enjoy the carnival rides, the fun food, and the thrill of a few hours of something different in their lives.

This expose of my mind is going to be put on hold for now as we prepare to leave later this morning. Continue to monitor this site for further thoughts from the HowserHouse author.

5:30pm

Where did this great day go?? We are now at home and awaiting the arrival of Rachel, our granddaughter by Mike and Becky, and her maternal grandparents, along with Becky. Rachel will remain overnight with us, go to the carnival with Meghan, and then we will get her home tomorrow evening.

Shortly after 6, we were off to the Festival and the infamous carnival rides!! I took the girls on the Ferris Wheel.......first time in many years, and my God, but did this ride on the wheel go around FAST!! Whew......surely it isn't my age, is it?? It sort of reminds me of my life.......going around soooo quickly.......plus, it jerked with a few bumps just like my life has done. Interesting thought......my life like a ferris wheel! Hope I keep spinning around.......

After seeing and visiting with many former students and meeting some of their families and children, I visited briefly with the Goldsmith family.......parents of the Festival Queen 1st runner-up!! They were sooo proud of her, and that is as it should be........plus the scholarship money she received was wonderful.

Brought the girls home, tired....and cranky! Hmmmm, is that a reflection of how I am feeling, or is it REALLY the girls???? Think it was a bit of both....

So ends the second day of my efforts to put my thoughts into cyberspace........surely when my summer travels begin this will be more interesting to any and all who cast their eyes upon this blog.......I HOPE!

No comments: