Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Hey.....a GREAT way to begin the day.....

Received a call about 20 minutes ago......an invitation for coffee, etc. Who else calls and makes an early invitation but Sue H.?? What a fun way to start off a hot and humid day.......and to keep me from having to clean out the gutters this morning.....hahaa! Of course I accepted!!! Stay tuned for a report on all topics discussed over coffee.........errrr, maybe just SOME of the topics....heheee.

And...it was a great way to have the day begin......pleasant conversation over coffee and a pastry! Main topic: retirement and rving.........the two DO go together.

Home again this morning and need to clean the gutters before my two piano students arrive after school. There are always projects that must be completed.........it never ends. But such is life.......without these projects and/or problems, Life would be boring.

This is ANOTHER miserably hot/humid day. I was up on the roof crawling around and digging out the crap that was living inside the gutters and I suddenly realized that my a-- was burning each time I sat down......the shingles were soooooo hot that the heat went right through my jeans. After completing about three-fourths of the gutter, which is 474 feet in length around the house, I gave up. The tiny beads of sweat became waves of moisture running into my eyes and I began to realize I couldn't see enough to clean out the remainder of the gutter. Sooooo, perhaps at 6AM in the morning.......????

WOW......the 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse will not be tooo happy this afternoon when she gets home. My initial order from Gevalia Coffee arrived.....a new stainless steel coffeemaker plus two boxes of coffee. Of course.....the entire shipment was only $10 as it was a special offer from the company. This coffee is very good......have tried it several places, and it had BETTER be, as the price is pretty steep......but I'll probably ration it out to my special coffee loving friends.

This afternoon is going to be my last afternoon of giving private lessons to students for this school year. I enjoy the contact with the kids but I have sooooo much to do to get things accomplished before we leave for our vagabonding journey. Really getting anxious to leave.......

I'll be back.....

9:30pm

And I am. Lessons completed. Dinner (salmon salad) completed. A few perennials planted. Happy to see Federov of American Idol leave tonight. Now......read a few RV forums and get my Thurs "to do" list ready, and then find a quiet corner to read for a couple of hours. Exciting evening.....huh??? (after all, I have to be on the roof by 6 in the morning before it gets to hot). Talk to you tomorrow.....providing I don't fall off the roof....haha.

1 comment:

Michael Goldsmith said...

I was glad to see Federov go as well. I think the best three are remaining...it will be interesting to see how America votes!!

Save some of that "special" coffee for me!!

And don't fall off the roof...