Thursday, May 26, 2005

Lazy.........I'm NOT!!

Yesterday was the second day that I have missed this week!!!! No excuses......and there doesn't seem to be any solution, either. I traveled yesterday morning from the Moser Estate with a couple of stops in STL for tech data for myself, a stop in Farmington to check on the life or death status of my pc with the Demon residing inside, and then 2.5 hours of mowing the lawn for the final time prior to leaving. Then......we had a wonder dinner evening with the Hanner Family...a great time that lasted until past midnight. SUCH a fun family with never ever a dull moment when we are with them, or never a dull moment in just their lives!!!! I keep trying to get them to get into the RVing lifestyle.........hoping they might join us out West in a few weeks?????!!!!!

Soooo, that was yesterday. Oops......didn't mention the fact that Charter Communications was down and dead from yesterday afternoon until this morning......no cable tv, no cable internet hookup. And, I am certain no reduction in the monthly statement even though they didn't provide service to us, or the entire community!!!!

Today........it is packing day with appointments to keep, a BBQ at the Goldsmith home in honor of their graduating daughter, Kayla, from high school.......graduation is tonight. Looks now like it might rain.....and the festivities are ALL to be outside. IF graduation is in the gym, the heat will be unbearable as it has been in past years. I have to be on the podium as a Sch. Bd. member.....will have to powder the top of my head......don't want the lights/spots to cause a blinding reflection from the top of my head!!!!

Hard to believe Kayla is graduating!!!! I can so well remember when she was born and her parents as my students prior to her birth..........time goes sooooooooooooo fast. I feel like she is a part of my family.....as well as Mike and Melissa. I KNOW she will do well in pharmacy school in STL later this year.........she such an outstanding young lady, thanks to her parents and their wonderful support for her and her life. Getting a little teary just thinking about all of this......

I had better close for now......so many things to do this afternoon. Not sure where this week has gone to.......???? Ahhhhh, such is the status of my Life.......it flies fast and high.

3:45pm

The day has flown by with me multi-tasking......and, not being able to do it like I did when teaching......hahaha (there is that Old Age problem rearing its ugly head again). Been loading again....the trailer, that is.....and making preparations for the vagabonding journey. Still discussing the Demon in my old pc......and trying to get rid of it......now, I'm installing a new hard drive........hope my OLD pc can handle a new HARD drive.......hehehee.....but perhaps that is what this OLD pc needs!!!! Anyway.....it has to be completed by tomorrow morning. Running out of time.....

Just visited briefly with my nephew in St. Joe.....by phone.....and inquired as to overnighting with the HowserHouse in the parking lot of WalMart there. Think it will be possible, but just needed him to check it out for me........he is an optometrist(sp?) at that W-M. So, will await his call to confirm us overnighting there. With our RV set up the way I wanted it, we have a generator on board and can make our own electricity should we need it....be it for heat, a/c, microwave, or just to make the coffee maker run.

About time for the evening's activities to start.....so,.......until later..

9:15pm

Thanks to the Goldsmith family for a wonderful BBQ in honor of Kayla........lots of former students to visit with along with watching Kayla enjoy her evening with friends and family. It was really good to see a former Eldon HS Flag Corp girl.....Rhonda Baughman ----(last name unknown). So, will post a pic of the 2 former Flag girls here along with one of Kayla.

Graduation was the usual ceremony without the pomp........a tradition that is disappearing with the passing of time. However, all things change and in order to stay "in tune" with the times, we must change too.

And so the day of multi-tasking is about to end with one task in mind.......rest tonight for another multi-tasking day will challenge all of us.

No comments: