Thursday, May 12, 2005

Why does this happen.....always????

Got my rear out of bed early and WITHOUT coffee, I climbed up on the roof and spent the next couple of hours working on the gutters.........can't imagine how in the world they become sooooo filled with the crap of nature. It was not a pleasant job for such an early hour, but it was better than being in the HOT sun today, with NO breeze.

Then......as the title says........I looked onto the patio and had to clean up some "stuff" that I didn't get into the sack on the roof, and before long I was moving all the things in the little alcove that goes from the patio into the laundry room. Sooooooo, the next thing was I noticed some mold starting on the siding.....and I was soon hosing and brushing off the siding under there. This then led to sorting and throwing away some of the things that somehow got stored there and I realized I had not put out the fountain this year. Well........ guess what? Someone has stolen the fountain bowl that catches the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not to be found anywhere around TheHowserHouse!!!!! DAMN!!!! Can't believe this crap.

And now, the morning is over and I have just finished showering and now I have "duties" and "honey do" lists to complete. It always seems that one thing leads to another and then another.....and before long the day if over. Well.......I must get busy before the 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse gets home. The lists are not finished yet.....hers or mine!

Until a bit later.....

This day has been busier than it is supposed to be when this writer is RETIRED!!! Not only am I REtired, but I am TIRED!! I spent this afternoon working on pics from our digital camera.....not physically exhausting at all, but mentally......well, you know how it is when these little things become so frustrating. Anyway.....think I can post a couple or more of the un-interesting pics of the International Cedar Creek RV Rally which we attended in Branson, MO. about two weeks ago. They will be of interest to only those with CC 5ers (5th wheel trailers), but I will post them anyway for all to examine this evening.

Had a great email from my life-long friends John and Gail McDonald, who have been wintering in Casa Grade, AZ. They have their home in Alaska, but have also purchased a places in Casa Grande and in Thayne, WY and we plan to visit them next month in Wyoming. After living in Alaska since 1974, they announced that they are selling their home and returning to the "lower 48".........what a shock!!!! Surely it is not age.........is it???? However, I would not enjoy making that drive down and back as often as they have been doing in the past few years......so I don't blame them at all. They are responsible for the 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse and I falling in love with the mini-Schnauzer dogs.......they have had them for several years and we are ready to purchase/adopt one when the right time comes along (preferably after our summer vagabonding).

The Cedar Creek Rally brought in 62 Cedar Creek rigs and their owners......and their dogs.....hahaha, from all over the USA!! Newly made friends, Larry and Cindy from Olathe also have a mini-Schnauzer and have given us the name of the kennel where they purchased theirs. We had a really GREAT time at the Rally, our first one to attend, but we plan on being at as many as we can as it was such great fun and so educational when you have that many CC owners getting together and discussing any and all problems they have with rving.

Whoops......a slight time out here.....well, that wasn't too long. Anyway.....for better or worse, I am attaching a couple of pics. Well, they arrived and are now published for all cyberspace readers to enjoy(????). Think the fellow Creekers will enjoy, but sure they have many good ones themselves.

This photo fine-tuning DOES take time......more than I thought. Perhaps I just need to get more experience at it......???? Always difficult to teach an OLD dog (me) some new tricks! But, practice makes perfect......at least that is what I preached to the kids for 30 years......and some of them didn't practice enough.....hahaha!!!!

Gonna get out of here now.....been a LONG day of many tasks, but got my list completed. Now, I have to get started on the vagabonding list. But......it WILL be worth all the time and effort.
Later.....

No comments: