Thursday, May 19, 2005

The PC DEMON is asleep....for awhile!!

My God.....I can get on the internet!!!!! Has this little internal pc demon given up on the battle to win, or has he just fallen asleep after being up at least past midnight........we fought each other for hours last night until I conceded late last night after many cursewords .....from me!!!! Everytime I try to get on the net.....or when I do manage......the demon simply shuts down my pc with a gleeful laugh. Over and over and over again it has been happening.........damn frustrating on my part. I tried scandisk, defragmenting, etc., etc.......everything that this older man knew what to try, and nothing worked..........he won every time. However, while he is asleep, or at least before he returns to aggravate me, I will try to get a post online.

Ok.....just published the above paragraph.....just in case I woke him up! Yesterday I went to the mighty, mighty SuperCenter in Farmington......and, as I was informed last night, spent toooooo much retirement money. BUT, I only purchased the absolute necessities, of course!! I received notice that my new laptop is on its way by express air........the sooner I receive it the better, cause the demon may return. I will not let him jump from his desktop home to my laptop home......NO WAY!!!

Then after the sun changed angles, I finished waxing TheHowserHouse on-wheels. The white rubber roof needs a bit of TLC, but I gave out by dusk. Fixed that wonderful dinner, had my nightly dose of dark red medicine in the stemmed glass, and started my evening's battle, as I have described above.

Now.....just finished running the swifter over the hardwood floors, ran the "suck up the crap" machine over the carpets, mopped the kitchen, bathroom, and garden room floors, and have about done all I am going to do for our expected house guests this evening.......except cook dinner. The 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse will be upset because I knocked over the large pot of Shamrocks which have been growing, and blooming, for several years. The heavy pot just fell completely upside down......breaking many of the fragile little stems. It was very upsetting to me because I did really enjoy the always-blooming plant......I transplanted it, said some kind and soft words to it, and will give it as much TLC as I can over the next few days. We'll see.......

Well, will publish this quickly......feel very, very lucky that I have my moments to ramble without being interrupted......by you know who!!

3 pm

He/it has returned!!!!! I have been shut down several times since I was last here. I DO have a recommendation from a friend as to who he had work on his pc........probably will have to take it Farmington to this guy. BUT.....must ask the 1st Lady of TheHowserHouse first!

I have not rambled on about Jeremy (Jay, as he is known)......and not mentioning him is his request. However, some of you have ask about him recently. He has spent the past two years living in Miami Beach.......what a really difficult place to have to live in! He and a friend have had their own political research and communication firm there, and to say the least, it has been very successful. In fact, so successful that they found that this type of work gave them absolutely NO time for themselves........they were always busy working and traveling for others who gave them their paychecks. Now.....to me, the traveling sounds GREAT, however, after having visited Jay every few months in Miami Beach, I can understand why he/they decided to make a change. Jay was glued to his computer day and night.........no beach time, no female time, no social time for himself. Sooooo.......

Jay has now found himself in a much, much smaller city: Evansville, IN. He has become the campaign manager for an individual who plans to run for Congress from Indiana. I imagine the move to Evansville will take some adjusting on his part...........Where is the beach......Where are the restaurants......Where are the clubs........Where do I live.........Where are the tanned and bikini-clad females??????? WOW.......such a change. Even tho he was busy.......and didn't have as much time to himself as would have liked.......he did manage to sneak away and from time to time enjoy a few of the perks of living in M.B.

Me?? I now can't run down to M.B. every 3-4 months for some sun and surf, incredible food, a really great ambiance..........and wonderful eye-candy!!!!! Just can't believe that Evansville will provide all of that for me. I'll survive.............(??).

9:30pm

The late afternoon and early evening went quickly. The Demon has been at work and is doing his best to put my frustration level at a new high..........this pc has to be taken to a pc hospital VERY soon.......tomorrow perhaps??? Oh well......it is just a machine ( I think??).

We are awaiting the arrival of Marsha's sister who is bringing her mother down for a day or so. They stopped at the Moser Estate this afternoon and didn't get back on the road until 8pm, so it will be 10 before they arrive here. Her mother will be about done in......at 82 she doesn't travel as well and as easily as she did a few years ago.

As a reprise to the above discussion on Miami Beach........it WILL be GREAT to have Jay so much closer.....about 175 miles if you take the two lane highways. We have to find a good restaurant to meet half-way, so we can get together more often..........I HOPE so anyway!!!

Will close this journal post. I continue to be amazed at the number of readers who have visited this site.......I thought I would be writing for my own benefit.......hahaha....guess not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Howser, just an former band student here. Thought I'd drop a line and say hi. I was looking at a friends blog, hit the next blog button, and your blog was the next one. That was kind of odd. But it was good to read up on you and your new grandbaby sure is cute. Just thought I'd say hello since I had happened upon your blog.
Heather T.