Monday, February 26, 2007

Day 55: WOW.....a breakfast that lasts and lasts.....

OMG........after rising and getting some food items ready, the 1st Lady and I went over to Jan's park model.....she is a member of the "group" that hang out together on South Indiana Street here at the Sunscape RV Park. This was the morning of the BIG "Omelet in a Bag" breakfast.....and by the time everyone had gathered at 9am....there were 21 of us there. Now......you are asking about an "omelet in a bag"?????

There were two large pots of boiling water ready when we arrived......and everyone who came brought eggs and items to go into omelets. Soooo, we cracked the number of eggs we wanted in our own personal omelet, put the eggs into a plastic bag that could be sealed and then "massaged" the eggs.....yep, we had to squish them around until they were runny. THEN......we added all of the items we wanted in our omelet.....me? I added bacon bits, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, and some salt/pepper. Then sealing up the bag I took it over to the boiling water....OH...I first wrote my name on the bag.....and then submerged it in the pot of water. Checking the time, I knew that it would only be 15 minutes and my omelet would be ready to eat.

Ok......sooooo, moving to the other table, I scooped up some incredibly delicious potatoes that had been cooked with cheese and sour cream, and who knows what else......WONDERFUL!!!! Then it was over to the other table and I got some hot biscuits and gravy.....WOW......soooooo damn good!!! And.....as my omelet cooked in the pot of boiling water........I ate and ate and ate , trying as many of the great breakfast preparations as I could. THEN.........the time was up and I pulled out MY bag and opening it, it was a perfect omelet with all of the extra goodies that I dumped into the bag INSIDE the egg omelet!!!!! WOW..........it was great!!!!! AND.......soooooo easy to make that fantastic Omelet in a Bag!!!! TRY IT!!!

By late morning.....after returning to TheHowserHouse.....I couldn't move my HUGE hulk. It was already easy to see that I wouldn't be eating for the rest of the day.....hahahaha!! Soooooo much food seemed to relocate into my insides..........sooooooo good, but sooooooo filling!!!

THEN.......I talked with my rv dealer, Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle, IN.....and confirmed that they WERE going to replace my "holey" bug infested table and chairs in the dining room. Recalling them, I asked how they wanted me to ship the infested items to them.......and after a call from my dealer to Forest River(the company that makes Cedar Creek RV's), they relayed the info to me to just "trash them"!! Sooooo, I got out my heavy mallet and began destroying the chairs, taking the screws out of the table post which had it screwed into the floor, and soon everything was broken wood. I then loaded it up and took it to the trash bin area on the northin end of the park....and threw EVERYTHING away!!! I had destroyed as much as I could so that no one would try to salvage it from the dumpster and wind up with bugs inside their RV.

My new ones will be shipped to me.....but probably will have to be sent to Missouri....as by the time they arrive at the dealer's, we will be on the road to Vegas, Grand Canyon, and Santa Fe., and then home.

The afternoon was spent riding our bikes for an hour......and then reading on the patio while I managed to sip down some of my dark red medicine........a wonderful way to relax and enjoy another BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!! By dinner time.....I was STILL stuffed from the breakfast this morning.

This evening.....the sky is clear as a bell with thousands of stars visible......and as it always seems......

LIFE IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!

No comments: