Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 46: INCREDIBLE weather!!

Soooo, how many times can I try to tell how wonderful, incredible the weather has been out here for almost two week????? I am sure you are getting tired of reading the same thing.....for the month of January it was all about the rainy, dreary, cold weather of the Rio Grande Valley. NOW....it is about the fantastic weather here in the Sonora Desert, just outside of Casa Grande, AZ. Well......it is just difficult to describe the mornings, the evenings, and the hours between the two.......such outdoor type weather. Love it!!!

This morning......well, it went by during the process of awakening, having Fr. Roast coffee, and then heading to Casa Grande at noon. It just disappeared. I sat outside on the patio amidst my pots of purple and white pansies and studied/reviewed my Spanish.....as I had purchased a book yesterday in Phoenix at Barnes & Noble. Much of the pronunciation returned to me quickly, but the names, nouns, verbs, tenses.....well, now that is a very different story! But.....I'll get it done.....what else do I have to do, huh????

At noon I left the RV Park and headed a couple of miles south of Casa Grande to the Outlet Mall. And that was a wasted effort!! There were not any really good stores/bargains there that I could find. The best thing was that I walked the entire length of the strip-type mall from one to the other end...and back. I also am continuing with my record: three outlet malls since the 1st of January and I have not purchased one tiny item at any of them.....WOW!!!! Congrats, John!!!

Then I head west and up to Casa Grande, arriving at the back door of the town. It appears that there was some type of festival as there were small tent like structures/booths where many beautiful pieces of silver jewelry with many turquoise stones, as well as other Mexicano or Arizona stones inbedded into the silver. Some very stunning pieces were on sale......at STUNNING prices, also!!! WAY, WAY out of my price range!

From there I found the local Safeway store......and it is really a great store. A wonderful selection of wines......deli prepared foods, and many other wonderful food items which I have not seen at some of the other facilities that I have visited in the past 45 days. A nice market to shop in!

Then it was back to Sunscape RV Park. I had diced up some Roma tomatoes earlier this morning and sprinkled some salt on them to bring out their natural juices. Upon returning, I minced some fresh garlic and began a short infusion process into my extra virgin olive oil.....adding some dried basil, oregano, black pepper, and salt.....and then mixing it as thoroughly as I could without a small wisk. I then let it set for a couple of hours before .......a vehicle arrived in my driveway: Mac and Gail.....who had also been in Casa Grande at an eye appt. for him.

Inviting them to come on inside, I sliced up a baguette and we had the tiny slices of bread to dip into the infused olive oil and topped then with the salted Roma tomatoes. Hmmmmm... along with some dark red medicine as the evening approached, this little appetizer went down very easily. The perfect way to end a gorgeous day!

A bit later I carried some sliced fresh strawberries over to their park model and joined them for some very, very tasty tacos. These were followed by a sugared, fried tortilla.....Mexicano style from a Mexicano grocery store....along with my strawberries. A really nice meal to end this nearly perfect day!

And.....guess what???? Once again...

LIFE IS GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: