Friday, February 23, 2007

Day 52: Phoenix......and 1st Lady flies back!

Another great day this morning when I had stepped out of TheHowserHouse. Looking northwestward I could see the heavy dark clouds building.....and supposed that the Arizona rains would materialize like predicted.

Went across the fence and visited with Gail......Mac still in bed following his procedure yesterday. At least he CAN sleep!! When I left I took one of my propane bottles down to the refill station here in the RV Park and left it for them to fill. An hour later....I returned and picked up the filled bottle and then re-installed in TheHowserHouse.

Shortly thereafter, I head in Casa Grande to return THREE jars of Peter Pan peanut butter. DAMN.....Do I EVER love that stuff.......why oh why did it have to be Peter Pan brand?????? Well, since I had eaten from 2 of the three jars and did not become ill ....well, perhaps I could have kept them. BUT.....the little numbers 2111 were on the lids and so I stood in line for 30 minutes to get my $6 and change refunded back to my pocket.

From Walmart....I merged onto I-10 and headed north to Phoenix. It IS a rat race on this interstate.........crazy, crazy drivers here in Arizona!!!!! Stopping at the shopping "mall" which is spread over several blocks and on two sides of I-10......I spent some time "window" shopping inside several stores. Then I headed to Barnes & Noble.....and spent a couple of good....VERY good.....hours looking, drinking cappuccino, and doing some reading. What a great and wonderful way to spend a couple hours or more!!!!!!

Then......as it was 3pm and her flight was to arrive at 4:45, I decided to head on into the city center where Sky Harbor International is located as I didn't know how long it would take me to get there, park, and shuttle to the terminal. I know I have said this earlier.....last week probably.....but this airport is really a well planned facility!!!! Soooooo easy to get around and such wonderful shops and cafes and coffee shops in the terminals!!!! When I arrived and had parked and caught the shuttle to Terminal 4........I discovered her flight was going to be 45 minutes late!!!

Soooo, I visited a couple of the museums and art displays within the Terminal. How many airports do we know that have a museum and displays of art in special rooms for the travelers to enjoy while waiting for their flights??????? Incredible!!!!! Such a great place to spend some extra time waiting on planes........

The 1st Lady arrived at 5:30......and after we picked up her luggage......we shuttled out to where I had parked the truck....and then slowly, oh sooooo slowy merged into the horrendous rush hour traffic. It took about an hour to get completely out of the city/suburbs. We decided to drive on down to Casa Grande before stopping for dinner.......and when we stopped at this pizza place......OH MY GOD!!!!! IT IS SOOOOOO DAMN GOOD!!!!! The 1st Lady had eaten at the same place but only in a different location when we first arrived and she had raved about it then. I believe it has to be some of the best....if not THE best.....pizza I have ever eaten.....and I have eaten pizza in many countries all over the world. INCREDIBLE!!!!!

We then drove out to the RV Park. The 1st Lady was soon heading upstairs for the bed. Think she is much tireder(a word?) than she thought she was.

I have downloaded some of the pictures she took while back in Misery and will post a couple or so this evening. Of COURSE....they are of the granddaughters that she flew back there to visit for a week!!

It is good to have her back here........TheHowserHouse already seems more full of Life......and with that statement I will continue with.....

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: