Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 44: 1st Lady leaves for "Granddaughter Fix"!!

Yep......we were up before 5 this morning and left a bit after 6 for Phoenix and the Sky Harbor International Airport. Traffic was pretty bad for the last 20 minutes or so....as it really slows down as the arteries feeding I-10 heading north just seem to make it soooo much more congested. As it was though, we were there in a little over an hour and the 1st Lady was checked in and ready for some hot tea.

I parked the truck, took the shuttle, and met her inside Terminal 4 at the Starbucks shop. Does that surprise you.....hahaha!! After she went on thru Security and down the concourse, I stayed there with my trusty lappie......and read the newspapers while the traffic sorted it's self out on the highways. I then found a Border's Bookstore....and remained there for some time....more than I thought.....as I can never find the door when I get into a big bookstore.

Arrived back at TheHowserHouse early afternoon......and then just hit the bed as I was really tired.....exhausted. Slept tooooo long and then have had difficulty waking up.

Guess we will not have any new pictures during the next week as the 1st Lady took the camera with her.....sniff, sniff, sniff!!!! Means I will have to do a better job of describing what I see and do....!

Well.....no grand thoughts, no soapbox stands tonight, no philosophical sayings.......just a quick little report for today. We are fast sneaking up on 50 days of our journey!!!!

Life is Great....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: