Sunday, February 11, 2007

Day 40!!: A lazy, warm Sunday......

AHHHH......what a nice warm and somewhat cloudy Sunday. My body rose from the horizontal postion about 7 this morning......turned on the coffee maker....and soon the wonderful aromatic French Roast coffee was dripping into the coffee pot.....and just as quickly I had a cup and began enjoying the first cup of the day.

About 7:40 I turned the tellie on and to my surprise....."Meet the Press" was almost over!!!! Never gave a thought that it would run at this early hour, rather than at 8am like it is at the stick and brick. But.....did catch a little of the discussions........

After the 1st Lady was up....and had had her tea, she decided to do some laundry. I began the task of unpacking and installing our new HP printer/scanner/fax machine. WOW....it IS larger than I expected and quite a bit heavier......but it seems to have soooooooo many bells and whistles that I am certain it has a mind of its own......just like my lappie!!! UGH!!! The manual of instructions is almost as thick as a fictional novel like the 1st Lady is always reading.

It took about 27 minutes to install the printer onto my lappie.......and then I tried the scanner, and the printer and they work very well. Next I will work with all of the photo printing possibilities.....and hopefully get so that I can understand just how it is all done!! WHEW!!! (Don't forget that this old aging hulk is technologically challenged!)

I did some various tasks around TheHowserHouse as the day wore on.......and then the 1st Lady and I took a bike ride down each street in the RV Park.....and then rode out the gate and down the road to a new subdivision and went through all of the streets there. Rode for about 45 minutes......

Then it was hurry, hurry to get some things prepared to take to Mac and Gail's for dinner with them. We had a great meal....and conversations touching on many subjects. Afterwards, Mac and I went to the Library so he could begin to understand how to access the internet and use the various options. He will soon be ready for the 21st Century!!!!!!!

And so.....it is raining off and on.......as predicted. Will be a bit cooler tomorrow....might have to find my jeans as I have worn shorts since we arrived last Monday afternoon!!!!

Nevertheless............

Life is GREAT.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: