Thursday, February 01, 2007

Day 30: Arrival in San Antonio

OMG……ANOTHER morning of gray drizzle….in fact, from the looks of things, it had rained during the night. I was up and going by 7 this morning…….and getting things in TheHowserHouse put into drawers and cabinets for the journey up to San Antonio. Then……after a cup of French Roast coffee….I began getting things finished up outside. I had to read the electric meter and then…..off I went to the Office to turn in the internet modem and pay the 26 nights/days of electricity. I was happily surprised as it was only $55 and change …..a wee bit more than $2 per day. With our fireplace going each evening, a ceramic heater going from time to time in the bedroom…..and the furnace being used a LOT more than we had planned for……well, I was happy with the electric bill.

Returning to our site, I began the task of unhooking the umbilical cords and cables which were all wet and messy. But…..that is part of the “fun” of living in an rv. We were hooked up and leaving Llano Grande Lake Park Resort by 9:40AM…..and on the road heading north a few minutes later. We had an uneventful trip up to San Antonio and arrived a little before 3pm.
I had made a reservation at this rv park a couple of days ago. It is an older park with LOTS of Winter Texans wintering here. Drove right into our pull-through reserved spot and soon we had the umbilical cords attached and soon after, we were on our way into the city center to the Riverwalk area. The city bus stops right in front of the rv park and so we hopped on it and ten minutes later we were walking along the Riverwalk. Sure beats the hell of trying to find a parking space for the LONG truck, AND paying the high city prices to park. The bus only cost $1 each way.

AHHHH…the beautiful Riverwalk!!!!! It is soooooo great, so beautiful, so much fun!!! The clouds had left us about the time we arrived in San Antonio and the sky was a bright blue……..just the way it should be for enjoying this gorgeous area of the city. We stopped our ambling and enjoyed Happy Hour at one of the watering holes beside the river. We then went up to view the Alamo as the sun was setting. Then we continued our walking and looking and enjoying the ambience of this part of the city.

Later we stopped and had dinner: “The County Line”……a BBQ place that was highly recommended. It was ok…..don’t think I would return……it was nothing special…..the ribs were toooo “wet” for me. I prefer a dry rub instead. Guess the places in Memphis have spoiled me…..hahaha!!

We walked a bit more and then caught the bus back to the rv park. I have taken several pics but having trouble getting them posted tonight as I am using the cell phone to get online. The wifi here is a bit pricey….

And so……a busy day tomorrow…..but as I sit here in front of the warm, glowing fireplace……

Life IS Great….and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: