Friday, February 16, 2007

Day 45: Piled Pizza in Phoenix for lunch........

Oh my......I didn't have to be QUIET when I got up this morning.......the 1st Lady is not here to sleep in after I rise up from my horizontal position!!!!! She flew off to Misery(STL) yesterday and so I could groan and throw back the bedcovers and turn on the lights and flush the stool and...and...and... and not have to worry about her getting upset at me making sooooo much noise. AHHHHH.....it is the little things in Life that can be irritating to the other person you live with, isn't it???? HAHAHA!!!

Well, I had to be up and ready by 9am this morning as the Sunscape RV Park members were all .....well, not ALL.....eating at the "Organ Stop Pizza in the Mesa area of Phoenix.....in the eastern part of the city. So, Mac and Gail and I loaded up in their vehicle with this old sagging man here driving into the city for them. Took a little less than an hour to get there.....we took some very interesting "back roads" across the Sonora Desert into south Phoenix, but it was pretty much due north of the RV Park, rather than have to go west to I-10 and then north.

Arriving a wee bit early, we got in line with all of the rest of the "older folks".......THANK GOD I can't see myself because I STILL do not consider myself part of the "older folks"...refer back a few daily posts to my discussion on getting older. Anyway.......finally the place opened up for us......all 326 of us...or thereabouts. It reminded me of a "herd"(may be the wrong term) of sheep all being shoved and herded into the building going to slaughter, but in this case they/we were being shoved inside to the salad bar to get out salads. Did we have a choice to make.....? Well....our choice was the salad dressings....everything else was already prepared and into bowls for us old folks to pick up and carry to our tables. There were signs posted along the way that if we couldn't carry the tiny bowls they would assist us......oh yeah....we are getting old!

We were at the end of the line...almost....and so we found our selves going upstairs to the balcony area where there were ample tables. When finally seated, we were then told by the sheep herder(the pizza man) when we could go get our pizza. Welllllll......our provided dish for the pizza were no larger than saucers beneath a coffee cup!!!! Now really......just HOW MUCH pizza can one of those little saucers hold????? After eating our salads, we were then instructed as to how to go and get our pizza.......it was called "follow the lead sheep" as we were told to go behind the pizza men to the correct location where we would all be given our wonderous slices of pizza.

Well.....we rushed back to our tables after piling the pizza on these tiny saucers....and we began to look around the sheep barn. It was important that we eat quickly as many of the sheep needed to get their home stalls for their afternoon naps. In this large cavernous room....were all sorts of strange instruments and bells, and drums, and keyboards, and tubes, and other weird looking objects hanging from the ceiling. In the front of the room was this vacant space......but.....BUT....after being seated from receiving our piled pizza on the little saucers, this space began to rise up and from the lower depths of this place came this magnificent black and gold trimmed organ.....rising up like a volcano from the bottom of the sea! And.....seated at the organ was the organ player.......a gentleman who had received advanced degrees from various universities in organ performance. Being seated at this GRAND instrument he had hundreds of stops, keys, and four keyboards to make all of these strange hanging instruments from around the sheep barn issue forth with musical(?) sounds.

He continued for about an hour as we sheep chowed down on these little saucers of piled pizza....and some of us even re-piled pizza on these saucers after the first round of slices were consumed. The music???? Well........it was "age appropriate" for us aging sheep...and so most of us recognized the tunes from the middle of the last century that were performed by the maestro at the organ and we hummed and swayed to the vibrating beat of the organ.....too much vibrato was used for many of the tunes! The pizza???? Well.......let me just say that I do not believe that I would return to that particular place again to have pizza!!!!!

Following the "concert" and requests, the organ maestro and his magnificent black and gold organ slowly descended into the darkness below.........as all of the sheep oohed and ahhhed from the glorious sounds that he had presented to us during the hour of performance and piled pizza in Phoenix. And sooooo, another new experience in my long Life of experiences came to an end!! Was I fulfilled??? Was I filled???? Hmmmmm.............no comment.

Leaving the Organ Stop Pizza, we headed west to the shopping center in Chandler....and spent some time in Borders and in Barnes and Noble Bookstores. OF COURSE, I had to have my usual cappuccino while I perused the books and magazines ..........both of these places are such wonderful shops to become totally lost in......both mentally and physcially!

We returned to the RV Park and myself to TheHowserHouse around 5:30pm.......about 35 minutes from the shopping center. This evening I went to Mac and Gail's park model and we had ice cream while I presented more assistance in their valiant effort to become part of the technological 21st century with their new lappie. And....in the course of the evening.....I showed them to the area of the lappie where they could enjoy some games which are built in to the brain of their new little family member.

And sooooo.....another day in my ever-shortening Life has swiftly slipped away......and I am left with memories of this magnificent black and gold organ rising up and sinking from sight as we consumed piles and piles of pizza on little saucers.......all 326 of us "older folks"! And......as always.....

Life is GREAT!!!!.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: